Jun 11, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
The last time the Goldwater Institute attempted to railroad the City of Glendale and Phoenix Coyotes’ attempts to sell the team, things ended very badly. Really, the mere threat of Goldwater’s involvement crushed the hopes of that deal. With news of Goldwater stepping in once again, you’d think Glendale reps would be nothing but beaten down, yet Dan Bickley shares this surprising quote.
Glendale city council member Joyce Clark to the Goldwater Institute: “Bring it on, baby.”
That’s totally not a quote that could come back to haunt Clark & Co., right? Perhaps that bit of moxie might display a “unified front” or an increased amount of confidence in the situation, though.
In honor of Clark’s hubris, I plan on baiting Freddie Kruger by taking Ambien during the off-season.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 34
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)