Jun 11, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
The last time the Goldwater Institute attempted to railroad the City of Glendale and Phoenix Coyotes’ attempts to sell the team, things ended very badly. Really, the mere threat of Goldwater’s involvement crushed the hopes of that deal. With news of Goldwater stepping in once again, you’d think Glendale reps would be nothing but beaten down, yet Dan Bickley shares this surprising quote.
Glendale city council member Joyce Clark to the Goldwater Institute: “Bring it on, baby.”
That’s totally not a quote that could come back to haunt Clark & Co., right? Perhaps that bit of moxie might display a “unified front” or an increased amount of confidence in the situation, though.
In honor of Clark’s hubris, I plan on baiting Freddie Kruger by taking Ambien during the off-season.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)