Jun 11, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
The last time the Goldwater Institute attempted to railroad the City of Glendale and Phoenix Coyotes’ attempts to sell the team, things ended very badly. Really, the mere threat of Goldwater’s involvement crushed the hopes of that deal. With news of Goldwater stepping in once again, you’d think Glendale reps would be nothing but beaten down, yet Dan Bickley shares this surprising quote.
Glendale city council member Joyce Clark to the Goldwater Institute: “Bring it on, baby.”
That’s totally not a quote that could come back to haunt Clark & Co., right? Perhaps that bit of moxie might display a “unified front” or an increased amount of confidence in the situation, though.
In honor of Clark’s hubris, I plan on baiting Freddie Kruger by taking Ambien during the off-season.
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 0
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 4
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 46
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (50)