Jun 11, 2012, 7:54 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings jumped to a 3-0 lead in all four of their 2012 playoff series. Things have gone far differently for the New Jersey Devils.
Their run to the Stanley Cup finals isn’t typically referred to as historic – although it certainly will be record-breaking if they manage to win it all – but that might be their biggest edge now. The Devils have gotten use to coming from behind in series and the fact that they’re still around speaks to their success in that department.
In fact, New Jersey has a 10-1 record in Games 4-7 of their series. They haven’t lost a contest in the latter half of a postseason series since Game 5 against Florida in the first round.
“I don’t think so,” Doughty said. “Even though we’ve closed out the past series quicker, we’re prepared to go the distance in the Stanley Cup Finals. This is the toughest team we’ve played throughout the playoffs. They’re a great team. They play really well and we knew it was going to be a tough challenge. Now it’s going to be up to us, individually, to get ourselves going and play as a team.”
The Kings are just 3-4 in Games 4-7 of their series, but no one on Los Angeles will care about that gap if the Kings manage to win on Monday.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)