Jun 11, 2012, 7:54 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings jumped to a 3-0 lead in all four of their 2012 playoff series. Things have gone far differently for the New Jersey Devils.
Their run to the Stanley Cup finals isn’t typically referred to as historic – although it certainly will be record-breaking if they manage to win it all – but that might be their biggest edge now. The Devils have gotten use to coming from behind in series and the fact that they’re still around speaks to their success in that department.
In fact, New Jersey has a 10-1 record in Games 4-7 of their series. They haven’t lost a contest in the latter half of a postseason series since Game 5 against Florida in the first round.
“I don’t think so,” Doughty said. “Even though we’ve closed out the past series quicker, we’re prepared to go the distance in the Stanley Cup Finals. This is the toughest team we’ve played throughout the playoffs. They’re a great team. They play really well and we knew it was going to be a tough challenge. Now it’s going to be up to us, individually, to get ourselves going and play as a team.”
The Kings are just 3-4 in Games 4-7 of their series, but no one on Los Angeles will care about that gap if the Kings manage to win on Monday.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)