Jun 11, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
Heading into his third consecutive elimination game of the Stanley Cup finals, Peter DeBoer said the pressure prior to Game 6 is no different than before.
“I think it’s the same feeling as when we were down 3-0,” he said after New Jersey’s pregame skate. “Like I said, I think the hockey world pretty much wrote us off, and I think we feel we’ve played with no pressure because of that.
“I don’t think that’s changed because all of a sudden it’s 3-2 now.”
DeBoer’s right in saying the hockey world wrote the Devils off…but to be fair, the hockey world was right to do it. Nobody expected this to get to Game 6 , and that isn’t a surprise — New Jersey is just the third club to win two straight after falling behind 0-3 in the Stanley Cup finals, and the first to do it since 1945.
(In ’45, Toronto led Detroit 3-0 before the Wings rallied to win three straight — only to lose Game 7. In 1942, Detroit led three games to none before Toronto ripped off four straight wins, for the first and only 0-3 comeback in Cup finals history.)
That said, the Devils keep insisting this isn’t about making history, but rather winning the Stanley Cup. The Kings, too, also aren’t interested in making history.
“Game 4 was a new situations for fans and a lot of players,” L.A. captain Dustin Brown said. “We have a lot more calmness about us today.
“I feel tonight’s the night for our team.”
Sep 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
“We’ve got three games left here, so we really need to finalize what we’re going to do.”
Sep 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Both off to AHL Texas.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
“You don’t pay attention to that kind of stuff.”
Sep 30, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
“I’m not naive, I know as the season goes on it’ll become more of a talking point.”
Sep 30, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
D-man was likely headed to AHL Utica.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Looks like both have avoided serious damage.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
And they open at home on Oct. 10.
Sep 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
So says Lindy Ruff.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
Flyers captain will make preseason debut at Wells Fargo.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
Could either catch on with another team?
Sep 30, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
Another draft bust leaves the organization.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
Defending Eastern Conference champs had some major turnover this summer.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Good things like getting an assist in three straight games.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
Rob Zepp was starting to look like a possibility to be the team’s backup.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Zdeno Chara’s advancing age is one reason for Bruins fans to worry.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Devils coach Pete DeBoer says they’re still dating.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
Cory Conacher is probably up next.
Sep 29, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
He’s running out of opportunities to get into an exhibition contest.
Sep 29, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The timing is interesting.
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 5
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 7
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)