Jun 10, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Brad Stuart‘s long-awaited homecoming to California is now in full effect.
David Pollak of the Mercury News reports the San Jose Sharks acquired Stuart’s rights from the Detroit Red Wings for Andrew Murray and a conditional 2014 seventh-round draft pick. The catch here is if Stuart doesn’t sign with the Sharks, the Red Wings will get nothing.
The Red Wings were left to fret during the second half of the season as there was much speculation Stuart had his eyes on returning to San Jose. Stuart spent his first five and a half seasons in the league there and it’s also where his family calls home.
Now the Sharks have until July 1 to get him locked up to a deal when Stuart becomes an unrestricted free agent. Expect something to get worked out quickly between both sides.
More from CSN-Bay Area: Stuart hopes this is his final destination.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6