Jun 10, 2012, 4:20 PM EST
Brad Stuart‘s long-awaited homecoming to California is now in full effect.
David Pollak of the Mercury News reports the San Jose Sharks acquired Stuart’s rights from the Detroit Red Wings for Andrew Murray and a conditional 2014 seventh-round draft pick. The catch here is if Stuart doesn’t sign with the Sharks, the Red Wings will get nothing.
The Red Wings were left to fret during the second half of the season as there was much speculation Stuart had his eyes on returning to San Jose. Stuart spent his first five and a half seasons in the league there and it’s also where his family calls home.
Now the Sharks have until July 1 to get him locked up to a deal when Stuart becomes an unrestricted free agent. Expect something to get worked out quickly between both sides.
More from CSN-Bay Area: Stuart hopes this is his final destination.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)