Jun 10, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Brad Stuart‘s long-awaited homecoming to California is now in full effect.
David Pollak of the Mercury News reports the San Jose Sharks acquired Stuart’s rights from the Detroit Red Wings for Andrew Murray and a conditional 2014 seventh-round draft pick. The catch here is if Stuart doesn’t sign with the Sharks, the Red Wings will get nothing.
The Red Wings were left to fret during the second half of the season as there was much speculation Stuart had his eyes on returning to San Jose. Stuart spent his first five and a half seasons in the league there and it’s also where his family calls home.
Now the Sharks have until July 1 to get him locked up to a deal when Stuart becomes an unrestricted free agent. Expect something to get worked out quickly between both sides.
More from CSN-Bay Area: Stuart hopes this is his final destination.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 15
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)