Jun 10, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Brad Stuart‘s long-awaited homecoming to California is now in full effect.
David Pollak of the Mercury News reports the San Jose Sharks acquired Stuart’s rights from the Detroit Red Wings for Andrew Murray and a conditional 2014 seventh-round draft pick. The catch here is if Stuart doesn’t sign with the Sharks, the Red Wings will get nothing.
The Red Wings were left to fret during the second half of the season as there was much speculation Stuart had his eyes on returning to San Jose. Stuart spent his first five and a half seasons in the league there and it’s also where his family calls home.
Now the Sharks have until July 1 to get him locked up to a deal when Stuart becomes an unrestricted free agent. Expect something to get worked out quickly between both sides.
More from CSN-Bay Area: Stuart hopes this is his final destination.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 12
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 49
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)