Jun 10, 2012, 6:58 PM EST
Hockey people tend to be a superstitious lot. Perhaps it should be expected that New Jersey Devils coach Peter DeBoer embraces the idea of adult film actress Taylor Stevens sitting behind him during Game 6 like she did in Game 4, then.
“We won last time she was there, so I’ll buy her ticket,” DeBoer said.
The brush with Stevens wasn’t the lone only-in-Hollywood moment for DeBoer and the Devils in Game 4. There’s been a sense that people counted out New Jersey for some time and DeBoer more or less acknowledged that feeling the last time the Devils visited the Staples Center.
“When your bus has to pull by 10 limos parked on the road ready for the after party, that’s definitely motivation,” DeBoer said.
(One cannot help but wonder if Drew Doughty was as distracted by the glitz and glamor of those potential after-parties than figuring out arrangements for friends and family before the game.)
The Devils have avoided elimination all four times they faced it so far in the postseason, including two games in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Still, it’s likely that Monday’s contest in Los Angeles might be the biggest test yet.
No matter who shows up in those limos next time.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)