Jun 10, 2012, 6:58 PM EDT
Hockey people tend to be a superstitious lot. Perhaps it should be expected that New Jersey Devils coach Peter DeBoer embraces the idea of adult film actress Taylor Stevens sitting behind him during Game 6 like she did in Game 4, then.
“We won last time she was there, so I’ll buy her ticket,” DeBoer said.
The brush with Stevens wasn’t the lone only-in-Hollywood moment for DeBoer and the Devils in Game 4. There’s been a sense that people counted out New Jersey for some time and DeBoer more or less acknowledged that feeling the last time the Devils visited the Staples Center.
“When your bus has to pull by 10 limos parked on the road ready for the after party, that’s definitely motivation,” DeBoer said.
(One cannot help but wonder if Drew Doughty was as distracted by the glitz and glamor of those potential after-parties than figuring out arrangements for friends and family before the game.)
The Devils have avoided elimination all four times they faced it so far in the postseason, including two games in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Still, it’s likely that Monday’s contest in Los Angeles might be the biggest test yet.
No matter who shows up in those limos next time.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)