Jun 10, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings know the road to the Stanley Cup is a tough one. It may not have proven to be that way through their first three rounds which saw them lose just two games, but up against a motivated New Jersey Devils team the Kings know they’re in a fight for the Cup.
One guy who knows that all too well is Kings defenseman Matt Greene who tells NHL.com’s Corey Masisak just how difficult it is.
“They don’t just hand this thing out,” Kings defenseman Matt Greene said. “It is difficult. It is hard to do. It is a test, and you got to be the better team to close this thing out.”
Greene’s been close to winning a Cup before with the 2006 Edmonton Oilers along with teammate Jarret Stoll. Those Oilers lost in seven games to the Hurricanes and Greene hasn’t been this close since then. Greene’s done his part in this series to leave an impression, but he and his teammates know full well that finishing things off in Game 6 would be in their best interests.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)