Jun 10, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings know the road to the Stanley Cup is a tough one. It may not have proven to be that way through their first three rounds which saw them lose just two games, but up against a motivated New Jersey Devils team the Kings know they’re in a fight for the Cup.
One guy who knows that all too well is Kings defenseman Matt Greene who tells NHL.com’s Corey Masisak just how difficult it is.
“They don’t just hand this thing out,” Kings defenseman Matt Greene said. “It is difficult. It is hard to do. It is a test, and you got to be the better team to close this thing out.”
Greene’s been close to winning a Cup before with the 2006 Edmonton Oilers along with teammate Jarret Stoll. Those Oilers lost in seven games to the Hurricanes and Greene hasn’t been this close since then. Greene’s done his part in this series to leave an impression, but he and his teammates know full well that finishing things off in Game 6 would be in their best interests.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 29
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)