Jun 10, 2012, 12:18 AM EST
Has adversity crept into the Los Angeles dressing room?
Shortly after the Kings failed to close out New Jersey for the second straight game — suffering their first playoff losing streak in the process — forward Justin Williams displayed a level of frustration rarely seen from L.A. this postseason.
“I’m pissed off,” Williams said. “A lot of guys in that room are pissed off.”
Williams was one of the strongest Kings on the night, scoring their lone goal and stuffing the stat sheet in nearly 20 minute of ice time. But his words spoke louder than his play, especially on a night when several Kings said nothing with theirs.
Anze Kopitar had no shots on goal in over 22 minutes. Dustin Penner had as many penalties (one) as he did hits. Dustin Brown was held pointless for the fourth time in five games this series and didn’t play in the final four minutes of regulation.
The most telling quote about the Kings, though, might’ve come from a Devil.
“I think they’re so close to winning the Stanley Cup,” Martin Brodeur said. “I’m sure it’s getting to them a little bit, to be able to have all these chances and not capitalize on them.
“It’s a matter of us now going into a tough environment in L.A., to try to ruin the party again.”
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 0
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 21
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 57
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 101
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)