Jun 10, 2012, 12:18 AM EST
Has adversity crept into the Los Angeles dressing room?
Shortly after the Kings failed to close out New Jersey for the second straight game — suffering their first playoff losing streak in the process — forward Justin Williams displayed a level of frustration rarely seen from L.A. this postseason.
“I’m pissed off,” Williams said. “A lot of guys in that room are pissed off.”
Williams was one of the strongest Kings on the night, scoring their lone goal and stuffing the stat sheet in nearly 20 minute of ice time. But his words spoke louder than his play, especially on a night when several Kings said nothing with theirs.
Anze Kopitar had no shots on goal in over 22 minutes. Dustin Penner had as many penalties (one) as he did hits. Dustin Brown was held pointless for the fourth time in five games this series and didn’t play in the final four minutes of regulation.
The most telling quote about the Kings, though, might’ve come from a Devil.
“I think they’re so close to winning the Stanley Cup,” Martin Brodeur said. “I’m sure it’s getting to them a little bit, to be able to have all these chances and not capitalize on them.
“It’s a matter of us now going into a tough environment in L.A., to try to ruin the party again.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)