Jun 10, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
If you’re wondering why, perhaps, the Kings haven’t quite looked like themselves lately, defenseman Drew Doughty has some ideas. the Kings had a chance to wrap up the Stanley Cup the last two games but failed to do so.
During today’s media availability, Doughty says playing at home in Game 4 proved to be more than a bit distracting.
“I think a lot of us before Game 4 were distracted with family members and friends, the Cup coming in the building,” Doughty said.
“A lot of things we have to put aside. Family always comes first for everyone, but at this point of the year, the team has to come first.”
That might sound like a cold, harsh reality but remember that this Kings team had taken to staying in a hotel while at home, too. Doughty says they’ve learned a lesson through this.
“We realize a lot of us didn’t play at our potential in Game 4. We were nervous, worried about other things. All of us in the room were kind of frustrated that we were thinking about things ahead of time. Darryl made sure that wasn’t going to happen this time. We’ll be well-prepared for Game 6.”
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 24
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)