Jun 10, 2012, 12:43 AM EDT
The buzz word you’re going to hear a lot of now is “pressure” and whether or not the Kings have more of it on them. Darryl Sutter doesn’t believe in pressure, but Devils center Travis Zajac is thinking big.
When asked if the pressure has shifted to the Kings, Zajac fired back quickly.
“We hope so,” Zajac said. “I think our mentality is that we don’t look too far ahead. We play that way we can give ourselves another shot to keep playing this season.”
Devils forward Alexei Ponikarovsky had a more level-headed approach.
“We’re still down 3-2. Yes, we won two games but we still have another two to go. We’re considering this game as a win and we’ll re-group and get ready for the next one.”
Pressure or not, Adam Henrique realizes things are going to be tough in Game 6 no matter what.
“We can’t look too far ahead. Our backs are still against the wall. It’s still Game 7 for us.”
Whether you believe in pressure or momentum is up to you, but one thing’s for sure – the Kings aren’t looking as sharp as they did at the start of the series and if they’re not careful, they might be staring in the face of a historic collapse.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 18
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 33
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 58
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)