Jun 10, 2012, 12:43 AM EDT
The buzz word you’re going to hear a lot of now is “pressure” and whether or not the Kings have more of it on them. Darryl Sutter doesn’t believe in pressure, but Devils center Travis Zajac is thinking big.
When asked if the pressure has shifted to the Kings, Zajac fired back quickly.
“We hope so,” Zajac said. “I think our mentality is that we don’t look too far ahead. We play that way we can give ourselves another shot to keep playing this season.”
Devils forward Alexei Ponikarovsky had a more level-headed approach.
“We’re still down 3-2. Yes, we won two games but we still have another two to go. We’re considering this game as a win and we’ll re-group and get ready for the next one.”
Pressure or not, Adam Henrique realizes things are going to be tough in Game 6 no matter what.
“We can’t look too far ahead. Our backs are still against the wall. It’s still Game 7 for us.”
Whether you believe in pressure or momentum is up to you, but one thing’s for sure – the Kings aren’t looking as sharp as they did at the start of the series and if they’re not careful, they might be staring in the face of a historic collapse.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36