Jun 10, 2012, 12:43 AM EDT
The buzz word you’re going to hear a lot of now is “pressure” and whether or not the Kings have more of it on them. Darryl Sutter doesn’t believe in pressure, but Devils center Travis Zajac is thinking big.
When asked if the pressure has shifted to the Kings, Zajac fired back quickly.
“We hope so,” Zajac said. “I think our mentality is that we don’t look too far ahead. We play that way we can give ourselves another shot to keep playing this season.”
Devils forward Alexei Ponikarovsky had a more level-headed approach.
“We’re still down 3-2. Yes, we won two games but we still have another two to go. We’re considering this game as a win and we’ll re-group and get ready for the next one.”
Pressure or not, Adam Henrique realizes things are going to be tough in Game 6 no matter what.
“We can’t look too far ahead. Our backs are still against the wall. It’s still Game 7 for us.”
Whether you believe in pressure or momentum is up to you, but one thing’s for sure – the Kings aren’t looking as sharp as they did at the start of the series and if they’re not careful, they might be staring in the face of a historic collapse.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)