Jun 10, 2012, 12:43 AM EDT
The buzz word you’re going to hear a lot of now is “pressure” and whether or not the Kings have more of it on them. Darryl Sutter doesn’t believe in pressure, but Devils center Travis Zajac is thinking big.
When asked if the pressure has shifted to the Kings, Zajac fired back quickly.
“We hope so,” Zajac said. “I think our mentality is that we don’t look too far ahead. We play that way we can give ourselves another shot to keep playing this season.”
Devils forward Alexei Ponikarovsky had a more level-headed approach.
“We’re still down 3-2. Yes, we won two games but we still have another two to go. We’re considering this game as a win and we’ll re-group and get ready for the next one.”
Pressure or not, Adam Henrique realizes things are going to be tough in Game 6 no matter what.
“We can’t look too far ahead. Our backs are still against the wall. It’s still Game 7 for us.”
Whether you believe in pressure or momentum is up to you, but one thing’s for sure – the Kings aren’t looking as sharp as they did at the start of the series and if they’re not careful, they might be staring in the face of a historic collapse.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 7
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 17
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner