Jun 10, 2012, 12:43 AM EDT
The buzz word you’re going to hear a lot of now is “pressure” and whether or not the Kings have more of it on them. Darryl Sutter doesn’t believe in pressure, but Devils center Travis Zajac is thinking big.
When asked if the pressure has shifted to the Kings, Zajac fired back quickly.
“We hope so,” Zajac said. “I think our mentality is that we don’t look too far ahead. We play that way we can give ourselves another shot to keep playing this season.”
Devils forward Alexei Ponikarovsky had a more level-headed approach.
“We’re still down 3-2. Yes, we won two games but we still have another two to go. We’re considering this game as a win and we’ll re-group and get ready for the next one.”
Pressure or not, Adam Henrique realizes things are going to be tough in Game 6 no matter what.
“We can’t look too far ahead. Our backs are still against the wall. It’s still Game 7 for us.”
Whether you believe in pressure or momentum is up to you, but one thing’s for sure – the Kings aren’t looking as sharp as they did at the start of the series and if they’re not careful, they might be staring in the face of a historic collapse.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)