Jun 9, 2012, 9:46 PM EDT
Earlier tonight, Zach Parise‘s snake-bitten Stanley Cup finals streak finally ended at five games as he scored the first goal of Game 5. That happened to be his first goal and point of the series despite the fact that he generated a nice array of chances in the opening quartet of contests. The tally also shows evidence that Jonathan Quick is, in fact, human.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Whether the Devils fall tonight, extend the series to six or seven games or even win it all, Parise’s future remains the biggest question going into the off-season. While he didn’t tip his hand about free agency, Parise allowed Pierre McGuire to pick his brain in this interesting intermission interview piece:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50