Jun 9, 2012, 9:46 PM EDT
Earlier tonight, Zach Parise‘s snake-bitten Stanley Cup finals streak finally ended at five games as he scored the first goal of Game 5. That happened to be his first goal and point of the series despite the fact that he generated a nice array of chances in the opening quartet of contests. The tally also shows evidence that Jonathan Quick is, in fact, human.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Whether the Devils fall tonight, extend the series to six or seven games or even win it all, Parise’s future remains the biggest question going into the off-season. While he didn’t tip his hand about free agency, Parise allowed Pierre McGuire to pick his brain in this interesting intermission interview piece:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39