Jun 9, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings head into tonight’s Game 5 in the same position they were in for Game 4: One win away from winning the Stanley Cup. After the Devils prevented the Kings from celebrating on home ice you could say there’s pressure on L.A. to get things done tonight.
Darryl Sutter doesn’t agree with that one bit.
“I don’t think there’s any pressure on our team. At all,” Sutter said.
“The only pressure the players should feel or that you try and convey to them is the pressure they put on themselves to be as good as they can be. Anything more than that, that’s not a team function. That’s why teams are still playing because it’s not pressure it’s a good place.”
That’s a downright peaceful approach and one that helps make sense of how the Kings have fared this postseason. From their unbeaten road record to finishing teams off promptly, Los Angeles will need that peace of mind going into tonight’s raucous Game 5.
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 4
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 1
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 30
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 76
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 8
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Video: Vlasic’s controversial delay of game penalty 22
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness