Jun 9, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret has been the voice of the team since the 1971-72 season and now he’s being honored by the Hockey Hall Of Fame.
Jeanneret has been awarded the 2012 Foster Hewitt Memorial Award given to the very best of hockey’s broadcasters. Jeanneret’s history with the Sabres is one that’s ripe with highlights and legendary calls. Here’s a sampling of some of his best over the years thanks to Hockey WebCaster on YouTube. Go ahead and try not to get excited when Brad May scores against the Bruins.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2