Jun 9, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret has been the voice of the team since the 1971-72 season and now he’s being honored by the Hockey Hall Of Fame.
Jeanneret has been awarded the 2012 Foster Hewitt Memorial Award given to the very best of hockey’s broadcasters. Jeanneret’s history with the Sabres is one that’s ripe with highlights and legendary calls. Here’s a sampling of some of his best over the years thanks to Hockey WebCaster on YouTube. Go ahead and try not to get excited when Brad May scores against the Bruins.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5