Jun 9, 2012, 11:29 AM EST
Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret has been the voice of the team since the 1971-72 season and now he’s being honored by the Hockey Hall Of Fame.
Jeanneret has been awarded the 2012 Foster Hewitt Memorial Award given to the very best of hockey’s broadcasters. Jeanneret’s history with the Sabres is one that’s ripe with highlights and legendary calls. Here’s a sampling of some of his best over the years thanks to Hockey WebCaster on YouTube. Go ahead and try not to get excited when Brad May scores against the Bruins.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 13
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5