Jun 9, 2012, 11:29 AM EST
Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret has been the voice of the team since the 1971-72 season and now he’s being honored by the Hockey Hall Of Fame.
Jeanneret has been awarded the 2012 Foster Hewitt Memorial Award given to the very best of hockey’s broadcasters. Jeanneret’s history with the Sabres is one that’s ripe with highlights and legendary calls. Here’s a sampling of some of his best over the years thanks to Hockey WebCaster on YouTube. Go ahead and try not to get excited when Brad May scores against the Bruins.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12