Jun 9, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports today that Boston Bruins grind liners Chris Kelly and Gregory Campbell are close to re-signing with the team. McKenzie says they’ll be signing multi-year deals and CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty has an idea what each guy will likely be making.
Campbell’s deal should land in the $1.5 million range given the market for quality fourth line centers, and it would be surprising if Kelly doesn’t make more than $3 million annually in his new contract.
Should GM Peter Chiarelli get these deals done with Kelly and Campbell, he’ll turns his attention to Tuukka Rask to get a deal done with the impending restricted free agent. With Tim Thomas away on sabbatical, getting Rask signed is a priority.
Update (6:48 p.m. ET): Haggerty confirms the Bruins are indeed close to getting deals done with both players.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)