Jun 9, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports today that Boston Bruins grind liners Chris Kelly and Gregory Campbell are close to re-signing with the team. McKenzie says they’ll be signing multi-year deals and CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty has an idea what each guy will likely be making.
Campbell’s deal should land in the $1.5 million range given the market for quality fourth line centers, and it would be surprising if Kelly doesn’t make more than $3 million annually in his new contract.
Should GM Peter Chiarelli get these deals done with Kelly and Campbell, he’ll turns his attention to Tuukka Rask to get a deal done with the impending restricted free agent. With Tim Thomas away on sabbatical, getting Rask signed is a priority.
Update (6:48 p.m. ET): Haggerty confirms the Bruins are indeed close to getting deals done with both players.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)