Jun 9, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports today that Boston Bruins grind liners Chris Kelly and Gregory Campbell are close to re-signing with the team. McKenzie says they’ll be signing multi-year deals and CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty has an idea what each guy will likely be making.
Campbell’s deal should land in the $1.5 million range given the market for quality fourth line centers, and it would be surprising if Kelly doesn’t make more than $3 million annually in his new contract.
Should GM Peter Chiarelli get these deals done with Kelly and Campbell, he’ll turns his attention to Tuukka Rask to get a deal done with the impending restricted free agent. With Tim Thomas away on sabbatical, getting Rask signed is a priority.
Update (6:48 p.m. ET): Haggerty confirms the Bruins are indeed close to getting deals done with both players.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)