Jun 9, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports today that Boston Bruins grind liners Chris Kelly and Gregory Campbell are close to re-signing with the team. McKenzie says they’ll be signing multi-year deals and CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty has an idea what each guy will likely be making.
Campbell’s deal should land in the $1.5 million range given the market for quality fourth line centers, and it would be surprising if Kelly doesn’t make more than $3 million annually in his new contract.
Should GM Peter Chiarelli get these deals done with Kelly and Campbell, he’ll turns his attention to Tuukka Rask to get a deal done with the impending restricted free agent. With Tim Thomas away on sabbatical, getting Rask signed is a priority.
Update (6:48 p.m. ET): Haggerty confirms the Bruins are indeed close to getting deals done with both players.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)