Jun 9, 2012, 4:38 PM EST
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports today that Boston Bruins grind liners Chris Kelly and Gregory Campbell are close to re-signing with the team. McKenzie says they’ll be signing multi-year deals and CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty has an idea what each guy will likely be making.
Campbell’s deal should land in the $1.5 million range given the market for quality fourth line centers, and it would be surprising if Kelly doesn’t make more than $3 million annually in his new contract.
Should GM Peter Chiarelli get these deals done with Kelly and Campbell, he’ll turns his attention to Tuukka Rask to get a deal done with the impending restricted free agent. With Tim Thomas away on sabbatical, getting Rask signed is a priority.
Update (6:48 p.m. ET): Haggerty confirms the Bruins are indeed close to getting deals done with both players.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)