Jun 9, 2012, 11:42 PM EST
It’s no secret that Dustin Brown has been struggling offensively in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Ryan Dadoun touched on it in this post and the Los Angeles Times addressed it before Game 5. Yet John Hoven probably points out the most glaring “stat” that highlights Brown’s struggles: the Kings’ captain wasn’t on the ice for the final four minutes of the game.
In that span, the Kings were unable to tie the contest, ultimately losing to the New Jersey Devils 2-1 to push the series to a sixth game.
To give you some context regarding the troubling snub, here are the forwards who played during the final four minutes:
- Mike Richards
- Anze Kopitar
- Simon Gagne
- Justin Williams
- Trevor Lewis(!)
- Dustin Penner
- Jarret Stoll
- Dwight King
- Jeff Carter
Yup, so nine forwards received at least one shift during the final moments of the game, but Brown wasn’t one of them. I know Lewis received some rave reviews for how hard he played in Game 5, yet it only underlines the fact that Brown didn’t play during the frantic final moments.
We’ll stay tuned for some kind of comment from the team or its captain, yet if this Arash Madani comment is any indication, we’re unlikely to hear much about it.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)