Jun 9, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
It’s no secret that Dustin Brown has been struggling offensively in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Ryan Dadoun touched on it in this post and the Los Angeles Times addressed it before Game 5. Yet John Hoven probably points out the most glaring “stat” that highlights Brown’s struggles: the Kings’ captain wasn’t on the ice for the final four minutes of the game.
In that span, the Kings were unable to tie the contest, ultimately losing to the New Jersey Devils 2-1 to push the series to a sixth game.
To give you some context regarding the troubling snub, here are the forwards who played during the final four minutes:
- Mike Richards
- Anze Kopitar
- Simon Gagne
- Justin Williams
- Trevor Lewis(!)
- Dustin Penner
- Jarret Stoll
- Dwight King
- Jeff Carter
Yup, so nine forwards received at least one shift during the final moments of the game, but Brown wasn’t one of them. I know Lewis received some rave reviews for how hard he played in Game 5, yet it only underlines the fact that Brown didn’t play during the frantic final moments.
We’ll stay tuned for some kind of comment from the team or its captain, yet if this Arash Madani comment is any indication, we’re unlikely to hear much about it.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)