Jun 9, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
It’s no secret that Dustin Brown has been struggling offensively in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Ryan Dadoun touched on it in this post and the Los Angeles Times addressed it before Game 5. Yet John Hoven probably points out the most glaring “stat” that highlights Brown’s struggles: the Kings’ captain wasn’t on the ice for the final four minutes of the game.
In that span, the Kings were unable to tie the contest, ultimately losing to the New Jersey Devils 2-1 to push the series to a sixth game.
To give you some context regarding the troubling snub, here are the forwards who played during the final four minutes:
- Mike Richards
- Anze Kopitar
- Simon Gagne
- Justin Williams
- Trevor Lewis(!)
- Dustin Penner
- Jarret Stoll
- Dwight King
- Jeff Carter
Yup, so nine forwards received at least one shift during the final moments of the game, but Brown wasn’t one of them. I know Lewis received some rave reviews for how hard he played in Game 5, yet it only underlines the fact that Brown didn’t play during the frantic final moments.
We’ll stay tuned for some kind of comment from the team or its captain, yet if this Arash Madani comment is any indication, we’re unlikely to hear much about it.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)