Jun 9, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
If there’s one thing you could say about the Los Angeles Kings it’s that they’re a very confident team. They have the ability to get back into games when they get down and they’ll punish you when they’re ahead. One thing they’d like to do is just play better.
It sounds crazy since they’re up 3-1 in the series, but Kings forward Justin Williams tells Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider improvement is their motivation.
“You avoid doubt with confidence,” Williams says. “You have to exude it, and we have it in this dressing room. We’re a very confident team that knows we haven’t played our best hockey yet. Now, in saying that, it’s disappointing that we haven’t played great yet. We have to get there, but at the same time, it’s encouraging that we’re up 3-1. … These games are so close.”
It reads like something you’d see Yoda tell Luke Skywalker, but that sort of Jedi mind trick stuff is what helps any team focus on the task at hand and for the Kings that means potentially lifting the Stanley Cup at the end of tonight’s Game 5. If the Kings can get the kind of game they expect out of guys like Williams, Dustin Brown, and Anze Kopitar they’ll be ready to do just that.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)