Jun 9, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
If there’s one thing you could say about the Los Angeles Kings it’s that they’re a very confident team. They have the ability to get back into games when they get down and they’ll punish you when they’re ahead. One thing they’d like to do is just play better.
It sounds crazy since they’re up 3-1 in the series, but Kings forward Justin Williams tells Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider improvement is their motivation.
“You avoid doubt with confidence,” Williams says. “You have to exude it, and we have it in this dressing room. We’re a very confident team that knows we haven’t played our best hockey yet. Now, in saying that, it’s disappointing that we haven’t played great yet. We have to get there, but at the same time, it’s encouraging that we’re up 3-1. … These games are so close.”
It reads like something you’d see Yoda tell Luke Skywalker, but that sort of Jedi mind trick stuff is what helps any team focus on the task at hand and for the Kings that means potentially lifting the Stanley Cup at the end of tonight’s Game 5. If the Kings can get the kind of game they expect out of guys like Williams, Dustin Brown, and Anze Kopitar they’ll be ready to do just that.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)