Jun 9, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
If there’s one thing you could say about the Los Angeles Kings it’s that they’re a very confident team. They have the ability to get back into games when they get down and they’ll punish you when they’re ahead. One thing they’d like to do is just play better.
It sounds crazy since they’re up 3-1 in the series, but Kings forward Justin Williams tells Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider improvement is their motivation.
“You avoid doubt with confidence,” Williams says. “You have to exude it, and we have it in this dressing room. We’re a very confident team that knows we haven’t played our best hockey yet. Now, in saying that, it’s disappointing that we haven’t played great yet. We have to get there, but at the same time, it’s encouraging that we’re up 3-1. … These games are so close.”
It reads like something you’d see Yoda tell Luke Skywalker, but that sort of Jedi mind trick stuff is what helps any team focus on the task at hand and for the Kings that means potentially lifting the Stanley Cup at the end of tonight’s Game 5. If the Kings can get the kind of game they expect out of guys like Williams, Dustin Brown, and Anze Kopitar they’ll be ready to do just that.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)