Jun 9, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
If there’s one thing you could say about the Los Angeles Kings it’s that they’re a very confident team. They have the ability to get back into games when they get down and they’ll punish you when they’re ahead. One thing they’d like to do is just play better.
It sounds crazy since they’re up 3-1 in the series, but Kings forward Justin Williams tells Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider improvement is their motivation.
“You avoid doubt with confidence,” Williams says. “You have to exude it, and we have it in this dressing room. We’re a very confident team that knows we haven’t played our best hockey yet. Now, in saying that, it’s disappointing that we haven’t played great yet. We have to get there, but at the same time, it’s encouraging that we’re up 3-1. … These games are so close.”
It reads like something you’d see Yoda tell Luke Skywalker, but that sort of Jedi mind trick stuff is what helps any team focus on the task at hand and for the Kings that means potentially lifting the Stanley Cup at the end of tonight’s Game 5. If the Kings can get the kind of game they expect out of guys like Williams, Dustin Brown, and Anze Kopitar they’ll be ready to do just that.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 28
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)