Jun 9, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
If there’s one thing you could say about the Los Angeles Kings it’s that they’re a very confident team. They have the ability to get back into games when they get down and they’ll punish you when they’re ahead. One thing they’d like to do is just play better.
It sounds crazy since they’re up 3-1 in the series, but Kings forward Justin Williams tells Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider improvement is their motivation.
“You avoid doubt with confidence,” Williams says. “You have to exude it, and we have it in this dressing room. We’re a very confident team that knows we haven’t played our best hockey yet. Now, in saying that, it’s disappointing that we haven’t played great yet. We have to get there, but at the same time, it’s encouraging that we’re up 3-1. … These games are so close.”
It reads like something you’d see Yoda tell Luke Skywalker, but that sort of Jedi mind trick stuff is what helps any team focus on the task at hand and for the Kings that means potentially lifting the Stanley Cup at the end of tonight’s Game 5. If the Kings can get the kind of game they expect out of guys like Williams, Dustin Brown, and Anze Kopitar they’ll be ready to do just that.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)