Jun 9, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
If you want to look at things in a weird way, we’re less than seven months away from the 2013 Winter Classic and fans are going to be itchy to get their hands on tickets. We’ve seen the schedule of events for everything going on in Detroit and Ann Arbor and now we know how much a seat will cost for the big game.
The Red Wings haven’t announced anything officially, but there is a seating chart with prices for seats on their website. Tickets range from $89-$279 to get into Michigan Stadium and be one of over 100,000 fans eager to watch outdoor hockey.
If that sounds pricey, just wait until tickets hit the secondary market after season ticket holders from the Red Wings and Maple Leafs get first crack at tickets and the sale to the public begins. No announcement on when that will be has been made.
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 1
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 3
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 15
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)