Jun 9, 2012, 11:12 PM EDT
No team has come back from a 0-3 series deficit in the Stanley Cup finals since the 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs, but as Devils coach Peter DeBoer pointed out, it’s going to happen again eventually. Well, they still have a lot of work ahead of them, but the New Jersey Devils are halfway to a comeback after completing their 2-1 victory on Saturday.
Here are some interesting facts to chew on:
— For the first time in the 2012 playoffs, the Los Angeles Kings have lost on the road. Still, they set a new NHL record with their streak of 10 consecutive road wins in a single postseason run.
— Zach Parise scored the New Jersey Devils first power-play goal of the Stanley Cup finals. In the process he entered a five-way tie for first place in the NHL with eight playoff goals. The other four players in that logjam are Ilya Kovalchuk, Anze Kopitar, Claude Giroux, and Danny Briere.
— The team that has scored the first goal has won all five games in the Stanley Cup finals.
— This is the 50th playoff game to be decided by just one goal. The current NHL record of 51 one-goal playoff games in a single year was established in 2007.
— With his game-winning goal, Bryce Salvador is now tied with Drew Doughty for the most playoffs goals (four) and points (14) among defensemen. Of course, it’s worth noting that Salvador has played in four more games than Doughty.
— Even with five games of the Stanley Cup finals in the books, the New Jersey Devils and Los Angeles Kings aren’t even close to the New York Rangers in terms of blocked shots. The Rangers blocked 365 shots in the postseason, which is 90 more than the Devils and 102 more than the Kings.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)