Jun 9, 2012, 10:57 PM EST
Well folks, we’ve got ourselves a series. The New Jersey Devils beat the Los Angeles Kings, 2-1, tonight at the Prudential Center. Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals goes Monday at the Staples Center with the Kings leading the series, 3-2.
Martin Brodeur was brilliant, stopping 25 of the 26 shots he faced and battling all the way.
New Jersey’s other goal was scored in the first period by captain Zach Parise after a stick-handling gaffe by Quick. The goal was also the Devils’ first on the power play in the series.
For the Kings, the loss represents the first real bit of adversity they’ve faced in the playoffs, and it’s coming at a most inconvenient time.
The comments section is all yours…
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 3
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 93
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 31
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (96)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)