Jun 9, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
Well folks, we’ve got ourselves a series. The New Jersey Devils beat the Los Angeles Kings, 2-1, tonight at the Prudential Center. Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals goes Monday at the Staples Center with the Kings leading the series, 3-2.
Martin Brodeur was brilliant, stopping 25 of the 26 shots he faced and battling all the way.
New Jersey’s other goal was scored in the first period by captain Zach Parise after a stick-handling gaffe by Quick. The goal was also the Devils’ first on the power play in the series.
For the Kings, the loss represents the first real bit of adversity they’ve faced in the playoffs, and it’s coming at a most inconvenient time.
The comments section is all yours…
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5