Jun 9, 2012, 10:57 PM EST
Well folks, we’ve got ourselves a series. The New Jersey Devils beat the Los Angeles Kings, 2-1, tonight at the Prudential Center. Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals goes Monday at the Staples Center with the Kings leading the series, 3-2.
Martin Brodeur was brilliant, stopping 25 of the 26 shots he faced and battling all the way.
New Jersey’s other goal was scored in the first period by captain Zach Parise after a stick-handling gaffe by Quick. The goal was also the Devils’ first on the power play in the series.
For the Kings, the loss represents the first real bit of adversity they’ve faced in the playoffs, and it’s coming at a most inconvenient time.
The comments section is all yours…
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)