Jun 9, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
Well folks, we’ve got ourselves a series. The New Jersey Devils beat the Los Angeles Kings, 2-1, tonight at the Prudential Center. Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals goes Monday at the Staples Center with the Kings leading the series, 3-2.
Martin Brodeur was brilliant, stopping 25 of the 26 shots he faced and battling all the way.
New Jersey’s other goal was scored in the first period by captain Zach Parise after a stick-handling gaffe by Quick. The goal was also the Devils’ first on the power play in the series.
For the Kings, the loss represents the first real bit of adversity they’ve faced in the playoffs, and it’s coming at a most inconvenient time.
The comments section is all yours…
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)