Jun 9, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
Well folks, we’ve got ourselves a series. The New Jersey Devils beat the Los Angeles Kings, 2-1, tonight at the Prudential Center. Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals goes Monday at the Staples Center with the Kings leading the series, 3-2.
Martin Brodeur was brilliant, stopping 25 of the 26 shots he faced and battling all the way.
New Jersey’s other goal was scored in the first period by captain Zach Parise after a stick-handling gaffe by Quick. The goal was also the Devils’ first on the power play in the series.
For the Kings, the loss represents the first real bit of adversity they’ve faced in the playoffs, and it’s coming at a most inconvenient time.
The comments section is all yours…
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)