Jun 9, 2012, 10:46 AM EST
The Devils liked their lineup in Game 4 so much they’re going to use the same one in Game 5.
Coach Peter DeBoer told reporters this morning he’ll be sticking to what worked for his team in Game 4 as they look to continue staving off elimination. That means Petr Sykora and Henrik Tallinder stick around while Jacob Josefson and Peter Harrold are back in the press box.
The tweaks DeBoer made in Game 4 paid off as the Devils were able to extend the series thanks to a 3-1 win. Tallinder provided the Devils with a puck moving defenseman with size to keep up with the Kings’ big, physical forwards while Sykora gives them another offensive weapon up front.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 61
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)