Jun 9, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
The Devils liked their lineup in Game 4 so much they’re going to use the same one in Game 5.
Coach Peter DeBoer told reporters this morning he’ll be sticking to what worked for his team in Game 4 as they look to continue staving off elimination. That means Petr Sykora and Henrik Tallinder stick around while Jacob Josefson and Peter Harrold are back in the press box.
The tweaks DeBoer made in Game 4 paid off as the Devils were able to extend the series thanks to a 3-1 win. Tallinder provided the Devils with a puck moving defenseman with size to keep up with the Kings’ big, physical forwards while Sykora gives them another offensive weapon up front.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 0
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6