Jun 9, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
The Devils liked their lineup in Game 4 so much they’re going to use the same one in Game 5.
Coach Peter DeBoer told reporters this morning he’ll be sticking to what worked for his team in Game 4 as they look to continue staving off elimination. That means Petr Sykora and Henrik Tallinder stick around while Jacob Josefson and Peter Harrold are back in the press box.
The tweaks DeBoer made in Game 4 paid off as the Devils were able to extend the series thanks to a 3-1 win. Tallinder provided the Devils with a puck moving defenseman with size to keep up with the Kings’ big, physical forwards while Sykora gives them another offensive weapon up front.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)