Jun 9, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
When the game day press conference takes a turn for the strange, it really goes off the rails.
In Darryl Sutter’s case, we got to find out how quickly time is flying by. During today’s meeting with the press, Sutter was asked if it seems like yesterday that the regular season ended. Sutter’s reply was priceless.
“Yeah, it does go by fast,” Sutter said. “Darn right. Series are two weeks, you’re going in those 10-14 day blocks. It does go fast. You’re into the middle of June already. In Canada this weekend it’s Farmer’s Day.”
It’s true. It is Farmer’s Day in Alberta and with Sutter being a farmer and rancher in the offseason, of course he’d know that. One intrepid reporter wondered what Farmer’s Day is. Well…
“It’s like a big picnic with coolers. Don’t know if you know what that means.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5