Jun 9, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
When the game day press conference takes a turn for the strange, it really goes off the rails.
In Darryl Sutter’s case, we got to find out how quickly time is flying by. During today’s meeting with the press, Sutter was asked if it seems like yesterday that the regular season ended. Sutter’s reply was priceless.
“Yeah, it does go by fast,” Sutter said. “Darn right. Series are two weeks, you’re going in those 10-14 day blocks. It does go fast. You’re into the middle of June already. In Canada this weekend it’s Farmer’s Day.”
It’s true. It is Farmer’s Day in Alberta and with Sutter being a farmer and rancher in the offseason, of course he’d know that. One intrepid reporter wondered what Farmer’s Day is. Well…
“It’s like a big picnic with coolers. Don’t know if you know what that means.”
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20