Jun 9, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
When the game day press conference takes a turn for the strange, it really goes off the rails.
In Darryl Sutter’s case, we got to find out how quickly time is flying by. During today’s meeting with the press, Sutter was asked if it seems like yesterday that the regular season ended. Sutter’s reply was priceless.
“Yeah, it does go by fast,” Sutter said. “Darn right. Series are two weeks, you’re going in those 10-14 day blocks. It does go fast. You’re into the middle of June already. In Canada this weekend it’s Farmer’s Day.”
It’s true. It is Farmer’s Day in Alberta and with Sutter being a farmer and rancher in the offseason, of course he’d know that. One intrepid reporter wondered what Farmer’s Day is. Well…
“It’s like a big picnic with coolers. Don’t know if you know what that means.”
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13