Jun 8, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
At this point, you’ve probably heard all about the Los Angeles Kings perfect 10-0 road record. However, even if we ignore that, playing on the road at this time of year might actually be an advantage.
Back in Los Angeles, there’s plenty of buzz about the Kings’ surprising and impressive climb to the Stanley Cup finals. That’s great for the franchise, but it can also be a distraction for the players.
“There’s so much happening,” Jeff Carter said. “Especially when you’re one win away, it’s nice to get away and focus on hockey. That’s what we’re here to do is to win. We’re comfortable playing on the road. There are no distractions, nothing to worry about, except hockey.”
Carter isn’t the only one who thinks that way.
“There’s a lot going on, just a buzz in the city,” said Colin Fraser. “We’re comfortable on the road. I don’t really know why, but we’ve just played well on the road.”
If the Los Angeles Kings are unable to win Game 5, then they’ll head home for Game 6 on Monday.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 38
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 99
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (100)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)