Jun 8, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
At this point, you’ve probably heard all about the Los Angeles Kings perfect 10-0 road record. However, even if we ignore that, playing on the road at this time of year might actually be an advantage.
Back in Los Angeles, there’s plenty of buzz about the Kings’ surprising and impressive climb to the Stanley Cup finals. That’s great for the franchise, but it can also be a distraction for the players.
“There’s so much happening,” Jeff Carter said. “Especially when you’re one win away, it’s nice to get away and focus on hockey. That’s what we’re here to do is to win. We’re comfortable playing on the road. There are no distractions, nothing to worry about, except hockey.”
Carter isn’t the only one who thinks that way.
“There’s a lot going on, just a buzz in the city,” said Colin Fraser. “We’re comfortable on the road. I don’t really know why, but we’ve just played well on the road.”
If the Los Angeles Kings are unable to win Game 5, then they’ll head home for Game 6 on Monday.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)