Jun 8, 2012, 9:10 PM EST
At this point, you’ve probably heard all about the Los Angeles Kings perfect 10-0 road record. However, even if we ignore that, playing on the road at this time of year might actually be an advantage.
Back in Los Angeles, there’s plenty of buzz about the Kings’ surprising and impressive climb to the Stanley Cup finals. That’s great for the franchise, but it can also be a distraction for the players.
“There’s so much happening,” Jeff Carter said. “Especially when you’re one win away, it’s nice to get away and focus on hockey. That’s what we’re here to do is to win. We’re comfortable playing on the road. There are no distractions, nothing to worry about, except hockey.”
Carter isn’t the only one who thinks that way.
“There’s a lot going on, just a buzz in the city,” said Colin Fraser. “We’re comfortable on the road. I don’t really know why, but we’ve just played well on the road.”
If the Los Angeles Kings are unable to win Game 5, then they’ll head home for Game 6 on Monday.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)