Jun 8, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils remain in a deep hole in their series with the Kings, but it appears they’re climbing out of their financial pit.
Add the millions of dollars in revenue from the team’s surprise run to the Stanley Cup finals and the financial picture improves even further.
Wysh believes there will still be “some sort of bankruptcy process” to address the franchise’s debt, but worries over its ability to re-sign Zach Parise to a big contract might not be as justified anymore.
Granted, the biggest worry about Parise has always been his desire to play for the Devils versus another team like, say, Detroit. So while the news is good, the one major worry remains.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12