Jun 8, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
The New Jersey Devils remain in a deep hole in their series with the Kings, but it appears they’re climbing out of their financial pit.
Add the millions of dollars in revenue from the team’s surprise run to the Stanley Cup finals and the financial picture improves even further.
Wysh believes there will still be “some sort of bankruptcy process” to address the franchise’s debt, but worries over its ability to re-sign Zach Parise to a big contract might not be as justified anymore.
Granted, the biggest worry about Parise has always been his desire to play for the Devils versus another team like, say, Detroit. So while the news is good, the one major worry remains.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 1
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)