Jun 8, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Michel Therrien is getting ready for his second stint as the Montreal Canadiens head coach. Subban hadn’t even started his OHL career when Therrien and the Canadiens parted ways the first time, but he’s nevertheless encouraged by the signing.
“This is a part of the process — the part of growing a championship team, building a winning team,” said Subban. “He’s got the experience at this level obviously, coaching in Montreal and working with great players.”
One of Therrien’s jobs will be helping Subban take the next step towards stardom. He’s already established himself as a great defenseman, but he still hasn’t reached his potential.
“I’m looking forward to see what I can learn from him, he’s got a lot to offer and it’s going to be up to me to soak it all in and be there like a sponge and soak it all in,” said Subban.
Of course, before the learning process can begin, the Montreal Canadiens need to sign Subban to a new contract. Subban is scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)