Jun 8, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Michel Therrien is getting ready for his second stint as the Montreal Canadiens head coach. Subban hadn’t even started his OHL career when Therrien and the Canadiens parted ways the first time, but he’s nevertheless encouraged by the signing.
“This is a part of the process — the part of growing a championship team, building a winning team,” said Subban. “He’s got the experience at this level obviously, coaching in Montreal and working with great players.”
One of Therrien’s jobs will be helping Subban take the next step towards stardom. He’s already established himself as a great defenseman, but he still hasn’t reached his potential.
“I’m looking forward to see what I can learn from him, he’s got a lot to offer and it’s going to be up to me to soak it all in and be there like a sponge and soak it all in,” said Subban.
Of course, before the learning process can begin, the Montreal Canadiens need to sign Subban to a new contract. Subban is scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)