Jun 8, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
Parise also re-iterated that the ankle is fine.
“It just twisted a little bit, but it’s OK,” the Devils captain explained, before telling reporters he hadn’t watched replays of the incident.
“My brother watched it and he said, ‘I don’t know how you didn’t break it,'” he added.
The incident occurred late in the third period when Parise fell awkwardly into the boards. He was grimacing in pain upon leaving the ice, but did not miss a shift and participated fully in Friday’s practice.
Despite Parise’s claims of feeling fine, the actual condition of his ankle remains a mystery. Rosen reports Parise “did not have any noticeable swelling,” which contrasts a report from Mike Vorkunov of the Star-Ledger claiming the ankle was “noticeably puffy.”
Parise is scoreless in the Stanley Cup finals and hasn’t recorded a point since Game 5 of the Rangers series.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)