Jun 8, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
Parise also re-iterated that the ankle is fine.
“It just twisted a little bit, but it’s OK,” the Devils captain explained, before telling reporters he hadn’t watched replays of the incident.
“My brother watched it and he said, ‘I don’t know how you didn’t break it,’” he added.
The incident occurred late in the third period when Parise fell awkwardly into the boards. He was grimacing in pain upon leaving the ice, but did not miss a shift and participated fully in Friday’s practice.
Despite Parise’s claims of feeling fine, the actual condition of his ankle remains a mystery. Rosen reports Parise “did not have any noticeable swelling,” which contrasts a report from Mike Vorkunov of the Star-Ledger claiming the ankle was “noticeably puffy.”
Parise is scoreless in the Stanley Cup finals and hasn’t recorded a point since Game 5 of the Rangers series.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)