Jun 8, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
Parise also re-iterated that the ankle is fine.
“It just twisted a little bit, but it’s OK,” the Devils captain explained, before telling reporters he hadn’t watched replays of the incident.
“My brother watched it and he said, ‘I don’t know how you didn’t break it,'” he added.
The incident occurred late in the third period when Parise fell awkwardly into the boards. He was grimacing in pain upon leaving the ice, but did not miss a shift and participated fully in Friday’s practice.
Despite Parise’s claims of feeling fine, the actual condition of his ankle remains a mystery. Rosen reports Parise “did not have any noticeable swelling,” which contrasts a report from Mike Vorkunov of the Star-Ledger claiming the ankle was “noticeably puffy.”
Parise is scoreless in the Stanley Cup finals and hasn’t recorded a point since Game 5 of the Rangers series.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 15
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)