Jun 8, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
Parise also re-iterated that the ankle is fine.
“It just twisted a little bit, but it’s OK,” the Devils captain explained, before telling reporters he hadn’t watched replays of the incident.
“My brother watched it and he said, ‘I don’t know how you didn’t break it,’” he added.
The incident occurred late in the third period when Parise fell awkwardly into the boards. He was grimacing in pain upon leaving the ice, but did not miss a shift and participated fully in Friday’s practice.
Despite Parise’s claims of feeling fine, the actual condition of his ankle remains a mystery. Rosen reports Parise “did not have any noticeable swelling,” which contrasts a report from Mike Vorkunov of the Star-Ledger claiming the ankle was “noticeably puffy.”
Parise is scoreless in the Stanley Cup finals and hasn’t recorded a point since Game 5 of the Rangers series.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51