Jun 8, 2012, 8:36 AM EST
For the third time in four series, the Los Angeles Kings were unable to complete the sweep. Instead, they’ll head to New Jersey to play in a situation they’re much more comfortable with.
The Kings are 2-0 when it comes to Game 5 elimination contests in the 2012 playoffs and, of course, they’re 10-0 on the road. The Prudential Center crowd will do its best to energize the Devils and demoralize the Kings, but Los Angeles knows what to expect.
“We just don’t let any distractions bother us,” Justin Williams said. “We go in, we play our game. We know the Prudential Center’s going to be rocking, just like when we had to go back to Phoenix and play Game 5, go back to Vancouver and play Game 5. The arenas are going to be rocking and we’ll have to be ready for them.”
If they win on Saturday, they’ll break the NHL record for road wins in a single season while simultaneously securing the Stanley Cup. A loss would mean a Game 6 on Monday and another reason for the Devils to hope that maybe they can pull off a historic comeback.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)