Jun 8, 2012, 8:36 AM EDT
For the third time in four series, the Los Angeles Kings were unable to complete the sweep. Instead, they’ll head to New Jersey to play in a situation they’re much more comfortable with.
The Kings are 2-0 when it comes to Game 5 elimination contests in the 2012 playoffs and, of course, they’re 10-0 on the road. The Prudential Center crowd will do its best to energize the Devils and demoralize the Kings, but Los Angeles knows what to expect.
“We just don’t let any distractions bother us,” Justin Williams said. “We go in, we play our game. We know the Prudential Center’s going to be rocking, just like when we had to go back to Phoenix and play Game 5, go back to Vancouver and play Game 5. The arenas are going to be rocking and we’ll have to be ready for them.”
If they win on Saturday, they’ll break the NHL record for road wins in a single season while simultaneously securing the Stanley Cup. A loss would mean a Game 6 on Monday and another reason for the Devils to hope that maybe they can pull off a historic comeback.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)