Jun 8, 2012, 8:36 AM EDT
For the third time in four series, the Los Angeles Kings were unable to complete the sweep. Instead, they’ll head to New Jersey to play in a situation they’re much more comfortable with.
The Kings are 2-0 when it comes to Game 5 elimination contests in the 2012 playoffs and, of course, they’re 10-0 on the road. The Prudential Center crowd will do its best to energize the Devils and demoralize the Kings, but Los Angeles knows what to expect.
“We just don’t let any distractions bother us,” Justin Williams said. “We go in, we play our game. We know the Prudential Center’s going to be rocking, just like when we had to go back to Phoenix and play Game 5, go back to Vancouver and play Game 5. The arenas are going to be rocking and we’ll have to be ready for them.”
If they win on Saturday, they’ll break the NHL record for road wins in a single season while simultaneously securing the Stanley Cup. A loss would mean a Game 6 on Monday and another reason for the Devils to hope that maybe they can pull off a historic comeback.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)