Jun 8, 2012, 8:36 AM EDT
For the third time in four series, the Los Angeles Kings were unable to complete the sweep. Instead, they’ll head to New Jersey to play in a situation they’re much more comfortable with.
The Kings are 2-0 when it comes to Game 5 elimination contests in the 2012 playoffs and, of course, they’re 10-0 on the road. The Prudential Center crowd will do its best to energize the Devils and demoralize the Kings, but Los Angeles knows what to expect.
“We just don’t let any distractions bother us,” Justin Williams said. “We go in, we play our game. We know the Prudential Center’s going to be rocking, just like when we had to go back to Phoenix and play Game 5, go back to Vancouver and play Game 5. The arenas are going to be rocking and we’ll have to be ready for them.”
If they win on Saturday, they’ll break the NHL record for road wins in a single season while simultaneously securing the Stanley Cup. A loss would mean a Game 6 on Monday and another reason for the Devils to hope that maybe they can pull off a historic comeback.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 2
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 11
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)