Jun 8, 2012, 4:24 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret and Canadian hockey writer Roy MacGregor will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Nov. 12 as media honorees.
Jeanneret has been calling Sabres games since 1971, but instead of reading about him, just watch this instead:
McGregor, currently a columnist with the Globe and Mail, has won numerous awards for his newspaper and magazine writing, and is also an accomplished author.
So congratulations to Jeanneret and MacGregor.
Also congratulations to Red Fisher, the long-time (and we mean long-time) Canadiens chronicler with the Montreal Gazette. Fisher, 85, is retiring after a Hall-of-Fame career that started on March 17, 1955 – the day of the Rocket Richard riot.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 32
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6