Jun 8, 2012, 4:24 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret and Canadian hockey writer Roy MacGregor will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Nov. 12 as media honorees.
Jeanneret has been calling Sabres games since 1971, but instead of reading about him, just watch this instead:
McGregor, currently a columnist with the Globe and Mail, has won numerous awards for his newspaper and magazine writing, and is also an accomplished author.
So congratulations to Jeanneret and MacGregor.
Also congratulations to Red Fisher, the long-time (and we mean long-time) Canadiens chronicler with the Montreal Gazette. Fisher, 85, is retiring after a Hall-of-Fame career that started on March 17, 1955 – the day of the Rocket Richard riot.
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 3
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 54
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 48
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)