Jun 8, 2012, 4:24 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret and Canadian hockey writer Roy MacGregor will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Nov. 12 as media honorees.
Jeanneret has been calling Sabres games since 1971, but instead of reading about him, just watch this instead:
McGregor, currently a columnist with the Globe and Mail, has won numerous awards for his newspaper and magazine writing, and is also an accomplished author.
So congratulations to Jeanneret and MacGregor.
Also congratulations to Red Fisher, the long-time (and we mean long-time) Canadiens chronicler with the Montreal Gazette. Fisher, 85, is retiring after a Hall-of-Fame career that started on March 17, 1955 – the day of the Rocket Richard riot.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)