Jun 8, 2012, 4:24 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret and Canadian hockey writer Roy MacGregor will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Nov. 12 as media honorees.
Jeanneret has been calling Sabres games since 1971, but instead of reading about him, just watch this instead:
McGregor, currently a columnist with the Globe and Mail, has won numerous awards for his newspaper and magazine writing, and is also an accomplished author.
So congratulations to Jeanneret and MacGregor.
Also congratulations to Red Fisher, the long-time (and we mean long-time) Canadiens chronicler with the Montreal Gazette. Fisher, 85, is retiring after a Hall-of-Fame career that started on March 17, 1955 – the day of the Rocket Richard riot.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)