Jun 8, 2012, 4:24 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret and Canadian hockey writer Roy MacGregor will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Nov. 12 as media honorees.
Jeanneret has been calling Sabres games since 1971, but instead of reading about him, just watch this instead:
McGregor, currently a columnist with the Globe and Mail, has won numerous awards for his newspaper and magazine writing, and is also an accomplished author.
So congratulations to Jeanneret and MacGregor.
Also congratulations to Red Fisher, the long-time (and we mean long-time) Canadiens chronicler with the Montreal Gazette. Fisher, 85, is retiring after a Hall-of-Fame career that started on March 17, 1955 – the day of the Rocket Richard riot.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (42)