Jun 8, 2012, 1:32 PM EST
Glendale council is free to hold today’s vote on its proposed 20-year lease with the prospective owner of the Phoenix Coyotes that would have the cash-strapped city that owns Jobing.com Arena commit $300 million over the course of the agreement in arena-management fees.
The taxpayer watchdog Goldwater Institute wanted the vote blocked to allow more time to review the deal after it accused the city of failing to release public records in a timely fashion. However, the judge denied Goldwater’s request, ruling the court doesn’t have that authority.
This might not be the end of it though. (Is it ever?) The two sides could be back in court Monday, as the judge conceded Glendale didn’t provide the records on time, leaving Goldwater the opportunity to request a voiding of the vote after it’s occurred.
“We absolutely will challenge the vote if it is passed,” Goldwater attorney Carrie Ann Sitren said, as per Phoenix Business Journal.
(Image via ansam518.com)
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)