Jun 8, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are in the driver’s seat with a 3-1 series lead. Still, the New Jersey Devils have done some things right in the Stanley Cup finals and one has been to limit Dustin Brown‘s ability to get anything going offensively.
Brown was arguably the Kings best forward in the first three rounds of the playoffs, but he has just one point in four contests against New Jersey.
“It’s different team in general [than Vancouver],” Brown said. “Jersey does a lot better job taking ice away. For me, personally, on my left side, they’re taking a lot of the my ice away, which makes it more difficult to enter the zone. I feel I’m just as physical. I just don’t feel like I have as much time with the puck.”
Brown made a good point about the physical presence he’s provided. He might not be generating a lot of points in the finals, but that isn’t the only thing he brings to the table. His willingness to throw his body around as much as anyone in the NHL is a big part of his game and in that regard, he’s been as good as ever.
Brown added that the Devils are “by far the best team” they’ve played, but that doesn’t change the fact that New Jersey is on the ropes going into Game 5 on Saturday.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)