Jun 8, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are in the driver’s seat with a 3-1 series lead. Still, the New Jersey Devils have done some things right in the Stanley Cup finals and one has been to limit Dustin Brown‘s ability to get anything going offensively.
Brown was arguably the Kings best forward in the first three rounds of the playoffs, but he has just one point in four contests against New Jersey.
“It’s different team in general [than Vancouver],” Brown said. “Jersey does a lot better job taking ice away. For me, personally, on my left side, they’re taking a lot of the my ice away, which makes it more difficult to enter the zone. I feel I’m just as physical. I just don’t feel like I have as much time with the puck.”
Brown made a good point about the physical presence he’s provided. He might not be generating a lot of points in the finals, but that isn’t the only thing he brings to the table. His willingness to throw his body around as much as anyone in the NHL is a big part of his game and in that regard, he’s been as good as ever.
Brown added that the Devils are “by far the best team” they’ve played, but that doesn’t change the fact that New Jersey is on the ropes going into Game 5 on Saturday.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)