Jun 8, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are in the driver’s seat with a 3-1 series lead. Still, the New Jersey Devils have done some things right in the Stanley Cup finals and one has been to limit Dustin Brown‘s ability to get anything going offensively.
Brown was arguably the Kings best forward in the first three rounds of the playoffs, but he has just one point in four contests against New Jersey.
“It’s different team in general [than Vancouver],” Brown said. “Jersey does a lot better job taking ice away. For me, personally, on my left side, they’re taking a lot of the my ice away, which makes it more difficult to enter the zone. I feel I’m just as physical. I just don’t feel like I have as much time with the puck.”
Brown made a good point about the physical presence he’s provided. He might not be generating a lot of points in the finals, but that isn’t the only thing he brings to the table. His willingness to throw his body around as much as anyone in the NHL is a big part of his game and in that regard, he’s been as good as ever.
Brown added that the Devils are “by far the best team” they’ve played, but that doesn’t change the fact that New Jersey is on the ropes going into Game 5 on Saturday.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 10
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 18
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)