Jun 8, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are in the driver’s seat with a 3-1 series lead. Still, the New Jersey Devils have done some things right in the Stanley Cup finals and one has been to limit Dustin Brown‘s ability to get anything going offensively.
Brown was arguably the Kings best forward in the first three rounds of the playoffs, but he has just one point in four contests against New Jersey.
“It’s different team in general [than Vancouver],” Brown said. “Jersey does a lot better job taking ice away. For me, personally, on my left side, they’re taking a lot of the my ice away, which makes it more difficult to enter the zone. I feel I’m just as physical. I just don’t feel like I have as much time with the puck.”
Brown made a good point about the physical presence he’s provided. He might not be generating a lot of points in the finals, but that isn’t the only thing he brings to the table. His willingness to throw his body around as much as anyone in the NHL is a big part of his game and in that regard, he’s been as good as ever.
Brown added that the Devils are “by far the best team” they’ve played, but that doesn’t change the fact that New Jersey is on the ropes going into Game 5 on Saturday.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)