Jun 8, 2012, 8:12 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have been busy lately. They kicked off the week by re-signing Cody McLeod to a three-year, $3.5 million deal. On Thursday they opened their wallet again to ink David Jones to a four-year, $16 million extension.
Hunwick had 27 points and a plus-15 rating in 51 games with Boston in 2008-09, but he’s never been able to replicate that success. He was listed as a healthy scratch for a large chunk of the Colorado Avalanche’s campaign, but he did play regularly in the final quarter of the season. He finished 2011-12 with six points in 33 games.
Colorado still has a lot more work to do this off-season. They have a ton of players scheduled to become restricted free agents, including Matt Duchene, Peter Mueller, Steve Downie, and Erik Johnson. That being said, the Avalanche also have plenty of cap space to work with. If anything, reaching the cap floor might be an issue for Colorado.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)