Jun 8, 2012, 8:12 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche have been busy lately. They kicked off the week by re-signing Cody McLeod to a three-year, $3.5 million deal. On Thursday they opened their wallet again to ink David Jones to a four-year, $16 million extension.
Hunwick had 27 points and a plus-15 rating in 51 games with Boston in 2008-09, but he’s never been able to replicate that success. He was listed as a healthy scratch for a large chunk of the Colorado Avalanche’s campaign, but he did play regularly in the final quarter of the season. He finished 2011-12 with six points in 33 games.
Colorado still has a lot more work to do this off-season. They have a ton of players scheduled to become restricted free agents, including Matt Duchene, Peter Mueller, Steve Downie, and Erik Johnson. That being said, the Avalanche also have plenty of cap space to work with. If anything, reaching the cap floor might be an issue for Colorado.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9