Jun 8, 2012, 8:12 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have been busy lately. They kicked off the week by re-signing Cody McLeod to a three-year, $3.5 million deal. On Thursday they opened their wallet again to ink David Jones to a four-year, $16 million extension.
Hunwick had 27 points and a plus-15 rating in 51 games with Boston in 2008-09, but he’s never been able to replicate that success. He was listed as a healthy scratch for a large chunk of the Colorado Avalanche’s campaign, but he did play regularly in the final quarter of the season. He finished 2011-12 with six points in 33 games.
Colorado still has a lot more work to do this off-season. They have a ton of players scheduled to become restricted free agents, including Matt Duchene, Peter Mueller, Steve Downie, and Erik Johnson. That being said, the Avalanche also have plenty of cap space to work with. If anything, reaching the cap floor might be an issue for Colorado.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)