Jun 8, 2012, 8:12 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have been busy lately. They kicked off the week by re-signing Cody McLeod to a three-year, $3.5 million deal. On Thursday they opened their wallet again to ink David Jones to a four-year, $16 million extension.
Hunwick had 27 points and a plus-15 rating in 51 games with Boston in 2008-09, but he’s never been able to replicate that success. He was listed as a healthy scratch for a large chunk of the Colorado Avalanche’s campaign, but he did play regularly in the final quarter of the season. He finished 2011-12 with six points in 33 games.
Colorado still has a lot more work to do this off-season. They have a ton of players scheduled to become restricted free agents, including Matt Duchene, Peter Mueller, Steve Downie, and Erik Johnson. That being said, the Avalanche also have plenty of cap space to work with. If anything, reaching the cap floor might be an issue for Colorado.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)