Jun 8, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
The Staples Center has never been considered an intimidating arena for visiting NHL teams. However, being it’s in Los Angeles and all, it does come with its share of potential distractions.
For example, the adult film star that was sitting behind the New Jersey Devils’ bench Wednesday evening.
Not surprisingly, the image of Devils coach Peter DeBoer standing in front of Taylor Stevens, or at least the most prominent portion of Taylor Stevens, has gone viral, showing up on sites like Deadspin and Barstool Sports.
DeBoer even mentioned it at today’s press conference when asked how difficult it was to stay focused during the Stanley Cup finals.
“I thought that question was going about the lady behind our bench last game,” he joked. “I thought we were heading that way. You saw my 100-percent focus on the game. That’s discipline, I’ll tell you.”
The always intrepid TMZ spoke to Stevens for her side of the story. As it turns out, she knew exactly what she was doing.
“I was trying to distract a little bit,” she said. “But the Kings, they don’t need distraction. They’ll be fine without me.”
Stevens also told TMZ her favorite team is “sadly” the Toronto Maple Leafs.
“I bleed blue and white,” she said. “I’m Canadian.”
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)