Jun 8, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
The Staples Center has never been considered an intimidating arena for visiting NHL teams. However, being it’s in Los Angeles and all, it does come with its share of potential distractions.
For example, the adult film star that was sitting behind the New Jersey Devils’ bench Wednesday evening.
Not surprisingly, the image of Devils coach Peter DeBoer standing in front of Taylor Stevens, or at least the most prominent portion of Taylor Stevens, has gone viral, showing up on sites like Deadspin and Barstool Sports.
DeBoer even mentioned it at today’s press conference when asked how difficult it was to stay focused during the Stanley Cup finals.
“I thought that question was going about the lady behind our bench last game,” he joked. “I thought we were heading that way. You saw my 100-percent focus on the game. That’s discipline, I’ll tell you.”
The always intrepid TMZ spoke to Stevens for her side of the story. As it turns out, she knew exactly what she was doing.
“I was trying to distract a little bit,” she said. “But the Kings, they don’t need distraction. They’ll be fine without me.”
Stevens also told TMZ her favorite team is “sadly” the Toronto Maple Leafs.
“I bleed blue and white,” she said. “I’m Canadian.”
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 56
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15