Jun 8, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
The Staples Center has never been considered an intimidating arena for visiting NHL teams. However, being it’s in Los Angeles and all, it does come with its share of potential distractions.
For example, the adult film star that was sitting behind the New Jersey Devils’ bench Wednesday evening.
Not surprisingly, the image of Devils coach Peter DeBoer standing in front of Taylor Stevens, or at least the most prominent portion of Taylor Stevens, has gone viral, showing up on sites like Deadspin and Barstool Sports.
DeBoer even mentioned it at today’s press conference when asked how difficult it was to stay focused during the Stanley Cup finals.
“I thought that question was going about the lady behind our bench last game,” he joked. “I thought we were heading that way. You saw my 100-percent focus on the game. That’s discipline, I’ll tell you.”
The always intrepid TMZ spoke to Stevens for her side of the story. As it turns out, she knew exactly what she was doing.
“I was trying to distract a little bit,” she said. “But the Kings, they don’t need distraction. They’ll be fine without me.”
Stevens also told TMZ her favorite team is “sadly” the Toronto Maple Leafs.
“I bleed blue and white,” she said. “I’m Canadian.”
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 0
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 4
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18