Jun 8, 2012, 3:19 PM EST
The Staples Center has never been considered an intimidating arena for visiting NHL teams. However, being it’s in Los Angeles and all, it does come with its share of potential distractions.
For example, the adult film star that was sitting behind the New Jersey Devils’ bench Wednesday evening.
Not surprisingly, the image of Devils coach Peter DeBoer standing in front of Taylor Stevens, or at least the most prominent portion of Taylor Stevens, has gone viral, showing up on sites like Deadspin and Barstool Sports.
DeBoer even mentioned it at today’s press conference when asked how difficult it was to stay focused during the Stanley Cup finals.
“I thought that question was going about the lady behind our bench last game,” he joked. “I thought we were heading that way. You saw my 100-percent focus on the game. That’s discipline, I’ll tell you.”
The always intrepid TMZ spoke to Stevens for her side of the story. As it turns out, she knew exactly what she was doing.
“I was trying to distract a little bit,” she said. “But the Kings, they don’t need distraction. They’ll be fine without me.”
Stevens also told TMZ her favorite team is “sadly” the Toronto Maple Leafs.
“I bleed blue and white,” she said. “I’m Canadian.”
- In praise of the Hamburglar 9
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)