Jun 7, 2012, 6:04 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils thwarted the Los Angeles Kings’ sweep attempt last night, preserving their pride and keeping their Stanley Cup hopes alive in the process. They also earned at least one more lucrative home game for their franchise, and if the secondary market is any indication, it’ll fill some coffers.
Honestly, I’m more familiar with Stub Hub myself, so I took a look at what tickets are going for there. As of this writing, the cheapest available tickets are two pairs of tickets priced $210 apiece. On the other end of the spectrum, there are Club seats ranging from $875-$899 per ticket. That $899 number represents most expensive tickets availabe on Stub Hub.
Ticket Network’s prices go a little higher, however. The peak prices are glass level seats (four left) that go for a resounding $2,166 per ticket.
Yup, things could get quite a bit more interesting if the Devils win again. Apparently they could also get a whole lot more expensive/lucrative, too.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 18
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 9
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 35
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (35)