Jun 7, 2012, 6:04 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils thwarted the Los Angeles Kings’ sweep attempt last night, preserving their pride and keeping their Stanley Cup hopes alive in the process. They also earned at least one more lucrative home game for their franchise, and if the secondary market is any indication, it’ll fill some coffers.
Honestly, I’m more familiar with Stub Hub myself, so I took a look at what tickets are going for there. As of this writing, the cheapest available tickets are two pairs of tickets priced $210 apiece. On the other end of the spectrum, there are Club seats ranging from $875-$899 per ticket. That $899 number represents most expensive tickets availabe on Stub Hub.
Ticket Network’s prices go a little higher, however. The peak prices are glass level seats (four left) that go for a resounding $2,166 per ticket.
Yup, things could get quite a bit more interesting if the Devils win again. Apparently they could also get a whole lot more expensive/lucrative, too.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)