Jun 7, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils thwarted the Los Angeles Kings’ sweep attempt last night, preserving their pride and keeping their Stanley Cup hopes alive in the process. They also earned at least one more lucrative home game for their franchise, and if the secondary market is any indication, it’ll fill some coffers.
Honestly, I’m more familiar with Stub Hub myself, so I took a look at what tickets are going for there. As of this writing, the cheapest available tickets are two pairs of tickets priced $210 apiece. On the other end of the spectrum, there are Club seats ranging from $875-$899 per ticket. That $899 number represents most expensive tickets availabe on Stub Hub.
Ticket Network’s prices go a little higher, however. The peak prices are glass level seats (four left) that go for a resounding $2,166 per ticket.
Yup, things could get quite a bit more interesting if the Devils win again. Apparently they could also get a whole lot more expensive/lucrative, too.
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 21
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 32
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 23
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 25
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening
- Play Video: Crosby scores twice early on in Game 2