Jun 7, 2012, 6:04 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils thwarted the Los Angeles Kings’ sweep attempt last night, preserving their pride and keeping their Stanley Cup hopes alive in the process. They also earned at least one more lucrative home game for their franchise, and if the secondary market is any indication, it’ll fill some coffers.
Honestly, I’m more familiar with Stub Hub myself, so I took a look at what tickets are going for there. As of this writing, the cheapest available tickets are two pairs of tickets priced $210 apiece. On the other end of the spectrum, there are Club seats ranging from $875-$899 per ticket. That $899 number represents most expensive tickets availabe on Stub Hub.
Ticket Network’s prices go a little higher, however. The peak prices are glass level seats (four left) that go for a resounding $2,166 per ticket.
Yup, things could get quite a bit more interesting if the Devils win again. Apparently they could also get a whole lot more expensive/lucrative, too.
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 35
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)