Jun 7, 2012, 3:41 PM EDT
Twitter is especially huge for NHL players these days but one Twitter user in particular has captured everyone’s attention. A user that goes by @strombone1 has many in Vancouver believing he’s actually Roberto Luongo. After all, why would all the Canucks players on Twitter follow this one random dude whose avatar shows a guy with his head in a urinal?
Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province says it’s Luongo and blog Pass It To Bulis assembled the evidence (check the bottom of the post). Now Harrison Mooney of PITB shares his Twitter interview with the guy who may or may not be Luongo and it’s today’s link that you absolutely must click.
I’ll say this: If it is Luongo on the other side of the urinal avatar, there’s a whole lot of personality we haven’t been privy to there. Let it shine, Lu.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 13
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)