Jun 7, 2012, 3:41 PM EDT
Twitter is especially huge for NHL players these days but one Twitter user in particular has captured everyone’s attention. A user that goes by @strombone1 has many in Vancouver believing he’s actually Roberto Luongo. After all, why would all the Canucks players on Twitter follow this one random dude whose avatar shows a guy with his head in a urinal?
Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province says it’s Luongo and blog Pass It To Bulis assembled the evidence (check the bottom of the post). Now Harrison Mooney of PITB shares his Twitter interview with the guy who may or may not be Luongo and it’s today’s link that you absolutely must click.
I’ll say this: If it is Luongo on the other side of the urinal avatar, there’s a whole lot of personality we haven’t been privy to there. Let it shine, Lu.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35