Jun 7, 2012, 3:41 PM EDT
Twitter is especially huge for NHL players these days but one Twitter user in particular has captured everyone’s attention. A user that goes by @strombone1 has many in Vancouver believing he’s actually Roberto Luongo. After all, why would all the Canucks players on Twitter follow this one random dude whose avatar shows a guy with his head in a urinal?
Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province says it’s Luongo and blog Pass It To Bulis assembled the evidence (check the bottom of the post). Now Harrison Mooney of PITB shares his Twitter interview with the guy who may or may not be Luongo and it’s today’s link that you absolutely must click.
I’ll say this: If it is Luongo on the other side of the urinal avatar, there’s a whole lot of personality we haven’t been privy to there. Let it shine, Lu.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)