Jun 7, 2012, 3:41 PM EDT
Twitter is especially huge for NHL players these days but one Twitter user in particular has captured everyone’s attention. A user that goes by @strombone1 has many in Vancouver believing he’s actually Roberto Luongo. After all, why would all the Canucks players on Twitter follow this one random dude whose avatar shows a guy with his head in a urinal?
Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province says it’s Luongo and blog Pass It To Bulis assembled the evidence (check the bottom of the post). Now Harrison Mooney of PITB shares his Twitter interview with the guy who may or may not be Luongo and it’s today’s link that you absolutely must click.
I’ll say this: If it is Luongo on the other side of the urinal avatar, there’s a whole lot of personality we haven’t been privy to there. Let it shine, Lu.
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 0
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 69
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 63
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)