Jun 7, 2012, 12:32 AM EST
You know, the Kings might have a perfect road record in the playoffs, but it’s not like that can last forever.
And if the Devils can use the crowd to their advantage and win Game 5 Saturday at the Prudential Center, then the Kings have to start panicking a bit, right?
And if the Kings choke in Game 6 at the Staples Center like they did tonight, then all of a sudden the Devils are going home for a Game 7, and there’s no way they’re losing then.
OK, so New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer didn’t lay it out exactly like that, but he did admit to hoping a seed of doubt had been planted in the Kings’ heads.
“That’s the plan,” he said after his team’s victory in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals. “We’ve got to take it home and take care of business now and win another one.
“We’ve got to win a home game. We’re a good home team in front of our home crowd. I’m confident that we’ll be ready to play and we’ll get the job done.”
Perhaps now would be a good time to mention the Oklahoma City Thunder just rattled off its fourth straight victory over the San Antonio Spurs after trailing the NBA’s Western Conference finals, 2-0. Like the Kings, the Spurs had been rolling through the playoffs. Then all of a sudden they stopped rolling.
So can the Devils do the Thunder one better and come back from 3-0 down? New Jersey’s Game 4 hero, Adam Henrique, believes it’s possible.
“There’s no quit in the group in here,” said Henrique. “We know we can do it. We know we can put four together and come back.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 55
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (71)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)