Jun 7, 2012, 12:32 AM EDT
You know, the Kings might have a perfect road record in the playoffs, but it’s not like that can last forever.
And if the Devils can use the crowd to their advantage and win Game 5 Saturday at the Prudential Center, then the Kings have to start panicking a bit, right?
And if the Kings choke in Game 6 at the Staples Center like they did tonight, then all of a sudden the Devils are going home for a Game 7, and there’s no way they’re losing then.
OK, so New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer didn’t lay it out exactly like that, but he did admit to hoping a seed of doubt had been planted in the Kings’ heads.
“That’s the plan,” he said after his team’s victory in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals. “We’ve got to take it home and take care of business now and win another one.
“We’ve got to win a home game. We’re a good home team in front of our home crowd. I’m confident that we’ll be ready to play and we’ll get the job done.”
Perhaps now would be a good time to mention the Oklahoma City Thunder just rattled off its fourth straight victory over the San Antonio Spurs after trailing the NBA’s Western Conference finals, 2-0. Like the Kings, the Spurs had been rolling through the playoffs. Then all of a sudden they stopped rolling.
So can the Devils do the Thunder one better and come back from 3-0 down? New Jersey’s Game 4 hero, Adam Henrique, believes it’s possible.
“There’s no quit in the group in here,” said Henrique. “We know we can do it. We know we can put four together and come back.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40