Jun 7, 2012, 12:32 AM EDT
You know, the Kings might have a perfect road record in the playoffs, but it’s not like that can last forever.
And if the Devils can use the crowd to their advantage and win Game 5 Saturday at the Prudential Center, then the Kings have to start panicking a bit, right?
And if the Kings choke in Game 6 at the Staples Center like they did tonight, then all of a sudden the Devils are going home for a Game 7, and there’s no way they’re losing then.
OK, so New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer didn’t lay it out exactly like that, but he did admit to hoping a seed of doubt had been planted in the Kings’ heads.
“That’s the plan,” he said after his team’s victory in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals. “We’ve got to take it home and take care of business now and win another one.
“We’ve got to win a home game. We’re a good home team in front of our home crowd. I’m confident that we’ll be ready to play and we’ll get the job done.”
Perhaps now would be a good time to mention the Oklahoma City Thunder just rattled off its fourth straight victory over the San Antonio Spurs after trailing the NBA’s Western Conference finals, 2-0. Like the Kings, the Spurs had been rolling through the playoffs. Then all of a sudden they stopped rolling.
So can the Devils do the Thunder one better and come back from 3-0 down? New Jersey’s Game 4 hero, Adam Henrique, believes it’s possible.
“There’s no quit in the group in here,” said Henrique. “We know we can do it. We know we can put four together and come back.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)