Jun 7, 2012, 12:32 AM EST
You know, the Kings might have a perfect road record in the playoffs, but it’s not like that can last forever.
And if the Devils can use the crowd to their advantage and win Game 5 Saturday at the Prudential Center, then the Kings have to start panicking a bit, right?
And if the Kings choke in Game 6 at the Staples Center like they did tonight, then all of a sudden the Devils are going home for a Game 7, and there’s no way they’re losing then.
OK, so New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer didn’t lay it out exactly like that, but he did admit to hoping a seed of doubt had been planted in the Kings’ heads.
“That’s the plan,” he said after his team’s victory in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals. “We’ve got to take it home and take care of business now and win another one.
“We’ve got to win a home game. We’re a good home team in front of our home crowd. I’m confident that we’ll be ready to play and we’ll get the job done.”
Perhaps now would be a good time to mention the Oklahoma City Thunder just rattled off its fourth straight victory over the San Antonio Spurs after trailing the NBA’s Western Conference finals, 2-0. Like the Kings, the Spurs had been rolling through the playoffs. Then all of a sudden they stopped rolling.
So can the Devils do the Thunder one better and come back from 3-0 down? New Jersey’s Game 4 hero, Adam Henrique, believes it’s possible.
“There’s no quit in the group in here,” said Henrique. “We know we can do it. We know we can put four together and come back.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)