Jun 7, 2012, 12:32 AM EDT
You know, the Kings might have a perfect road record in the playoffs, but it’s not like that can last forever.
And if the Devils can use the crowd to their advantage and win Game 5 Saturday at the Prudential Center, then the Kings have to start panicking a bit, right?
And if the Kings choke in Game 6 at the Staples Center like they did tonight, then all of a sudden the Devils are going home for a Game 7, and there’s no way they’re losing then.
OK, so New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer didn’t lay it out exactly like that, but he did admit to hoping a seed of doubt had been planted in the Kings’ heads.
“That’s the plan,” he said after his team’s victory in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals. “We’ve got to take it home and take care of business now and win another one.
“We’ve got to win a home game. We’re a good home team in front of our home crowd. I’m confident that we’ll be ready to play and we’ll get the job done.”
Perhaps now would be a good time to mention the Oklahoma City Thunder just rattled off its fourth straight victory over the San Antonio Spurs after trailing the NBA’s Western Conference finals, 2-0. Like the Kings, the Spurs had been rolling through the playoffs. Then all of a sudden they stopped rolling.
So can the Devils do the Thunder one better and come back from 3-0 down? New Jersey’s Game 4 hero, Adam Henrique, believes it’s possible.
“There’s no quit in the group in here,” said Henrique. “We know we can do it. We know we can put four together and come back.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 0
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 3
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)