Jun 7, 2012, 8:42 PM EST
A typical NHL team could do worse than to have a one-two scoring punch of Alexander Radulov and Alexander Semin. Yet David Staples passes along “Russian reports” that imply CSKA – the “filthy rich” team that sports Sergei Fedorov as its general manager – might just go after both.
Now that Rosneft, one of Russia’s oil giants, has taken over full sponsorship of CSKA Moscow, it gave general manager Sergei Fedorov carte blanche to go after the best talent available.
According to Russian sources, Fedorov has expressed serious interest in the services of Alexander Radulov and Alexander Semin.
It’s one thing to imagine the two brilliant-yet-heavily-criticized forwards ending up in the KHL, but on the same team? I’m not certain that it would jive well with the “one returning NHL player” salary exemption noted earlier, but there’s probably a way around that too.
Naturally, CSKA still must compete with interest from the NHL and other KHL teams, yet one might argue they have as good a chance to land one or both of those players as any team in the world.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 12
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 14
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 28
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)