Jun 7, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
A typical NHL team could do worse than to have a one-two scoring punch of Alexander Radulov and Alexander Semin. Yet David Staples passes along “Russian reports” that imply CSKA – the “filthy rich” team that sports Sergei Fedorov as its general manager – might just go after both.
Now that Rosneft, one of Russia’s oil giants, has taken over full sponsorship of CSKA Moscow, it gave general manager Sergei Fedorov carte blanche to go after the best talent available.
According to Russian sources, Fedorov has expressed serious interest in the services of Alexander Radulov and Alexander Semin.
It’s one thing to imagine the two brilliant-yet-heavily-criticized forwards ending up in the KHL, but on the same team? I’m not certain that it would jive well with the “one returning NHL player” salary exemption noted earlier, but there’s probably a way around that too.
Naturally, CSKA still must compete with interest from the NHL and other KHL teams, yet one might argue they have as good a chance to land one or both of those players as any team in the world.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)