Jun 7, 2012, 8:42 PM EST
A typical NHL team could do worse than to have a one-two scoring punch of Alexander Radulov and Alexander Semin. Yet David Staples passes along “Russian reports” that imply CSKA – the “filthy rich” team that sports Sergei Fedorov as its general manager – might just go after both.
Now that Rosneft, one of Russia’s oil giants, has taken over full sponsorship of CSKA Moscow, it gave general manager Sergei Fedorov carte blanche to go after the best talent available.
According to Russian sources, Fedorov has expressed serious interest in the services of Alexander Radulov and Alexander Semin.
It’s one thing to imagine the two brilliant-yet-heavily-criticized forwards ending up in the KHL, but on the same team? I’m not certain that it would jive well with the “one returning NHL player” salary exemption noted earlier, but there’s probably a way around that too.
Naturally, CSKA still must compete with interest from the NHL and other KHL teams, yet one might argue they have as good a chance to land one or both of those players as any team in the world.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)