Jun 7, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
Drew Doughty has been an offensive juggernaut in the playoffs and he’s only gotten better lately. When the New Jersey Devils took a 1-0 lead at 7:56 of the third period, Doughty responded just a minute later with a power-play goal.
It was his fourth goal of the postseason, which is enough to give him the lead among defenseman. It also extended his point streak to five contests.
You can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“It was good to get right back on the scoreboard,” Doughty said. “I think we regained momentum right there, right when that puck went it. It seemed like the guys on the bench were excited, and we were getting right back to work. Right after that, we had a breakaway, and if that goes in, it’s a whole different story in the game. We’ve just got to make sure we don’t let them get that goal back, and get the momentum back on their side.”
Of course, the Kings couldn’t take the lead on a breakaway. The Devils bounced back on the strength of a Adam Henrique goal with just 4:31 minutes remaining in the third period. New Jersey earned a 3-1 victory to force a Game 5 on Saturday.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)