Jun 7, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
Drew Doughty has been an offensive juggernaut in the playoffs and he’s only gotten better lately. When the New Jersey Devils took a 1-0 lead at 7:56 of the third period, Doughty responded just a minute later with a power-play goal.
It was his fourth goal of the postseason, which is enough to give him the lead among defenseman. It also extended his point streak to five contests.
You can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“It was good to get right back on the scoreboard,” Doughty said. “I think we regained momentum right there, right when that puck went it. It seemed like the guys on the bench were excited, and we were getting right back to work. Right after that, we had a breakaway, and if that goes in, it’s a whole different story in the game. We’ve just got to make sure we don’t let them get that goal back, and get the momentum back on their side.”
Of course, the Kings couldn’t take the lead on a breakaway. The Devils bounced back on the strength of a Adam Henrique goal with just 4:31 minutes remaining in the third period. New Jersey earned a 3-1 victory to force a Game 5 on Saturday.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)