Jun 7, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
Drew Doughty has been an offensive juggernaut in the playoffs and he’s only gotten better lately. When the New Jersey Devils took a 1-0 lead at 7:56 of the third period, Doughty responded just a minute later with a power-play goal.
It was his fourth goal of the postseason, which is enough to give him the lead among defenseman. It also extended his point streak to five contests.
You can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“It was good to get right back on the scoreboard,” Doughty said. “I think we regained momentum right there, right when that puck went it. It seemed like the guys on the bench were excited, and we were getting right back to work. Right after that, we had a breakaway, and if that goes in, it’s a whole different story in the game. We’ve just got to make sure we don’t let them get that goal back, and get the momentum back on their side.”
Of course, the Kings couldn’t take the lead on a breakaway. The Devils bounced back on the strength of a Adam Henrique goal with just 4:31 minutes remaining in the third period. New Jersey earned a 3-1 victory to force a Game 5 on Saturday.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)