Jun 7, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Drew Doughty has been an offensive juggernaut in the playoffs and he’s only gotten better lately. When the New Jersey Devils took a 1-0 lead at 7:56 of the third period, Doughty responded just a minute later with a power-play goal.
It was his fourth goal of the postseason, which is enough to give him the lead among defenseman. It also extended his point streak to five contests.
You can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“It was good to get right back on the scoreboard,” Doughty said. “I think we regained momentum right there, right when that puck went it. It seemed like the guys on the bench were excited, and we were getting right back to work. Right after that, we had a breakaway, and if that goes in, it’s a whole different story in the game. We’ve just got to make sure we don’t let them get that goal back, and get the momentum back on their side.”
Of course, the Kings couldn’t take the lead on a breakaway. The Devils bounced back on the strength of a Adam Henrique goal with just 4:31 minutes remaining in the third period. New Jersey earned a 3-1 victory to force a Game 5 on Saturday.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)