Jun 7, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Drew Doughty has been an offensive juggernaut in the playoffs and he’s only gotten better lately. When the New Jersey Devils took a 1-0 lead at 7:56 of the third period, Doughty responded just a minute later with a power-play goal.
It was his fourth goal of the postseason, which is enough to give him the lead among defenseman. It also extended his point streak to five contests.
You can take a look at it below:
“It was good to get right back on the scoreboard,” Doughty said. “I think we regained momentum right there, right when that puck went it. It seemed like the guys on the bench were excited, and we were getting right back to work. Right after that, we had a breakaway, and if that goes in, it’s a whole different story in the game. We’ve just got to make sure we don’t let them get that goal back, and get the momentum back on their side.”
Of course, the Kings couldn’t take the lead on a breakaway. The Devils bounced back on the strength of a Adam Henrique goal with just 4:31 minutes remaining in the third period. New Jersey earned a 3-1 victory to force a Game 5 on Saturday.
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 1
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 33
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 67
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte