Jun 7, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
Earlier this week, Pro Hockey Talk shared some groundbreaking news. No, I’m not talking about goalie changes or coach hires. Instead, we chronicled Adam Henrique‘s crucial decision to switch to a mustache, bucking common hockey facial hair conventions in the process.
Say what you will about this fun little story, but his teammates might take notice – or just an excuse to shed uncomfortable hair on their faces – as well. Tom Gulitti caught up with a few Devils players to discuss all-important follicle adjustments.
“What can you say?” Ryan Carter said. “It got him going.”
Improved aerodynamics, anyone?
Gulitti points out that David Clarkson shaved his mountain man beard as well. I did a quick search to see if there is any photographic evidence of this claim and came up with this, via the Associated Press:
That’s a pretty clean-shaven Clarkson.
Gulitti reports that Travis Zajac is also considering a change to the ‘stache, so this locker room meme really might take off. I guess there are few things as effective as a Stanley Cup final game-winning goal when it comes to starting a hockey trend …
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)