Jun 7, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
Earlier this week, Pro Hockey Talk shared some groundbreaking news. No, I’m not talking about goalie changes or coach hires. Instead, we chronicled Adam Henrique‘s crucial decision to switch to a mustache, bucking common hockey facial hair conventions in the process.
Say what you will about this fun little story, but his teammates might take notice – or just an excuse to shed uncomfortable hair on their faces – as well. Tom Gulitti caught up with a few Devils players to discuss all-important follicle adjustments.
“What can you say?” Ryan Carter said. “It got him going.”
Improved aerodynamics, anyone?
Gulitti points out that David Clarkson shaved his mountain man beard as well. I did a quick search to see if there is any photographic evidence of this claim and came up with this, via the Associated Press:
That’s a pretty clean-shaven Clarkson.
Gulitti reports that Travis Zajac is also considering a change to the ‘stache, so this locker room meme really might take off. I guess there are few things as effective as a Stanley Cup final game-winning goal when it comes to starting a hockey trend …
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)