Jun 7, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
Earlier this week, Pro Hockey Talk shared some groundbreaking news. No, I’m not talking about goalie changes or coach hires. Instead, we chronicled Adam Henrique‘s crucial decision to switch to a mustache, bucking common hockey facial hair conventions in the process.
Say what you will about this fun little story, but his teammates might take notice – or just an excuse to shed uncomfortable hair on their faces – as well. Tom Gulitti caught up with a few Devils players to discuss all-important follicle adjustments.
“What can you say?” Ryan Carter said. “It got him going.”
Improved aerodynamics, anyone?
Gulitti points out that David Clarkson shaved his mountain man beard as well. I did a quick search to see if there is any photographic evidence of this claim and came up with this, via the Associated Press:
That’s a pretty clean-shaven Clarkson.
Gulitti reports that Travis Zajac is also considering a change to the ‘stache, so this locker room meme really might take off. I guess there are few things as effective as a Stanley Cup final game-winning goal when it comes to starting a hockey trend …
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 0
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 2
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)