Jun 7, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
Earlier this week, Pro Hockey Talk shared some groundbreaking news. No, I’m not talking about goalie changes or coach hires. Instead, we chronicled Adam Henrique‘s crucial decision to switch to a mustache, bucking common hockey facial hair conventions in the process.
Say what you will about this fun little story, but his teammates might take notice – or just an excuse to shed uncomfortable hair on their faces – as well. Tom Gulitti caught up with a few Devils players to discuss all-important follicle adjustments.
“What can you say?” Ryan Carter said. “It got him going.”
Improved aerodynamics, anyone?
Gulitti points out that David Clarkson shaved his mountain man beard as well. I did a quick search to see if there is any photographic evidence of this claim and came up with this, via the Associated Press:
That’s a pretty clean-shaven Clarkson.
Gulitti reports that Travis Zajac is also considering a change to the ‘stache, so this locker room meme really might take off. I guess there are few things as effective as a Stanley Cup final game-winning goal when it comes to starting a hockey trend …
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5