Jun 7, 2012, 12:07 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues have a new owner in Tom Stillman and it might not be long before they also get a fresh team president. The current job holder, John Davidson, was given a 30-day window to decide if he wanted to stay with the Blues. It’s expected to expire on Friday, so time is running out for Davidson to make a decision regarding his future.
With that in mind, Davidson reportedly met with the Columbus Blues Jackets last week. That might be a good fit for Davidson, who already has experience when it comes to reconnecting a struggling franchise with their fanbase.
In addition to signing with another organization or staying with the St. Louis Blues, Davidson is also considering retirement or a return to broadcasting.
It’s also worth noting that Stillman hasn’t said if he plans to keep the team’s president yet, so Davidson’s fate isn’t entirely in his own hands.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)