Jun 7, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues have a new owner in Tom Stillman and it might not be long before they also get a fresh team president. The current job holder, John Davidson, was given a 30-day window to decide if he wanted to stay with the Blues. It’s expected to expire on Friday, so time is running out for Davidson to make a decision regarding his future.
With that in mind, Davidson reportedly met with the Columbus Blues Jackets last week. That might be a good fit for Davidson, who already has experience when it comes to reconnecting a struggling franchise with their fanbase.
In addition to signing with another organization or staying with the St. Louis Blues, Davidson is also considering retirement or a return to broadcasting.
It’s also worth noting that Stillman hasn’t said if he plans to keep the team’s president yet, so Davidson’s fate isn’t entirely in his own hands.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 0
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 7
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)