Jun 7, 2012, 12:07 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues have a new owner in Tom Stillman and it might not be long before they also get a fresh team president. The current job holder, John Davidson, was given a 30-day window to decide if he wanted to stay with the Blues. It’s expected to expire on Friday, so time is running out for Davidson to make a decision regarding his future.
With that in mind, Davidson reportedly met with the Columbus Blues Jackets last week. That might be a good fit for Davidson, who already has experience when it comes to reconnecting a struggling franchise with their fanbase.
In addition to signing with another organization or staying with the St. Louis Blues, Davidson is also considering retirement or a return to broadcasting.
It’s also worth noting that Stillman hasn’t said if he plans to keep the team’s president yet, so Davidson’s fate isn’t entirely in his own hands.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 0
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 19
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 12
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 26
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 8
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 42
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 42
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)