Jun 7, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues have a new owner in Tom Stillman and it might not be long before they also get a fresh team president. The current job holder, John Davidson, was given a 30-day window to decide if he wanted to stay with the Blues. It’s expected to expire on Friday, so time is running out for Davidson to make a decision regarding his future.
With that in mind, Davidson reportedly met with the Columbus Blues Jackets last week. That might be a good fit for Davidson, who already has experience when it comes to reconnecting a struggling franchise with their fanbase.
In addition to signing with another organization or staying with the St. Louis Blues, Davidson is also considering retirement or a return to broadcasting.
It’s also worth noting that Stillman hasn’t said if he plans to keep the team’s president yet, so Davidson’s fate isn’t entirely in his own hands.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)