Jun 6, 2012, 11:52 PM EDT
At one point during the third period of Game 4, it seemed like things were going from bad to worse for the New Jersey Devils.
The Devils eventually won the contest 3-1 to avoid elimination, yet the concern was that the team’s two most dangerous weapons might be holstered to some extent.
Tom Gulitti asked Parise if he suffered an injury, but the Devils’ captain was adamant that he’s OK.
“I just went into the boards funny,” Parise said. “I’m fine.”
Gulitti noted that Parise walked around without effort, too, which might be a bigger stamp of approval than Parise’s words. Hockey players and teams are (quite reasonably) protective about details when it comes to injuries, so beat writers can often shed more light on these situations.
Then again, hockey lore states that Mario Lemieux famously lit up the league despite dealing with back problems that were so bad he struggled to lace up his skates, so maybe being 100 percent isn’t a requirement anyway.
Still, Devils fans should find comfort in Parise’s claims of good health.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)