Jun 6, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
Today, Travis Hughes of SB Nation reports that part of the article is now missing.
Here’s the original excerpt:
Crosby’s camp is seeking a lengthy deal, one the Penguins anticipate being at least seven years in term — possibly 10 or more. Crosby has said he does not expect any problems working out a new contract to remain with the Penguins.
Now it appears the passage has been removed from the article and replaced with this, the lone Crosby mention in the piece:
Shero confirmed to Trib Total Media in December that signing Sidney Crosby to a new contract is the team’s top priority this summer.
It remains unclear why this happened, but Hughes notes calls have been placed to both the Tribune and Crosby’s agent, Pat Brisson…so it’s possible this story could develop more.
Finally, it’s worth pointing out that you can never really take anything off the Internet. It’s like trying to take pee out of a pool.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 15
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 18
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)