Jun 6, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
Today, Travis Hughes of SB Nation reports that part of the article is now missing.
Here’s the original excerpt:
Crosby’s camp is seeking a lengthy deal, one the Penguins anticipate being at least seven years in term — possibly 10 or more. Crosby has said he does not expect any problems working out a new contract to remain with the Penguins.
Now it appears the passage has been removed from the article and replaced with this, the lone Crosby mention in the piece:
Shero confirmed to Trib Total Media in December that signing Sidney Crosby to a new contract is the team’s top priority this summer.
It remains unclear why this happened, but Hughes notes calls have been placed to both the Tribune and Crosby’s agent, Pat Brisson…so it’s possible this story could develop more.
Finally, it’s worth pointing out that you can never really take anything off the Internet. It’s like trying to take pee out of a pool.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 7
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31