Jun 6, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
Today, Travis Hughes of SB Nation reports that part of the article is now missing.
Here’s the original excerpt:
Crosby’s camp is seeking a lengthy deal, one the Penguins anticipate being at least seven years in term — possibly 10 or more. Crosby has said he does not expect any problems working out a new contract to remain with the Penguins.
Now it appears the passage has been removed from the article and replaced with this, the lone Crosby mention in the piece:
Shero confirmed to Trib Total Media in December that signing Sidney Crosby to a new contract is the team’s top priority this summer.
It remains unclear why this happened, but Hughes notes calls have been placed to both the Tribune and Crosby’s agent, Pat Brisson…so it’s possible this story could develop more.
Finally, it’s worth pointing out that you can never really take anything off the Internet. It’s like trying to take pee out of a pool.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 18
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)