Jun 6, 2012, 5:28 PM EST
Today, Travis Hughes of SB Nation reports that part of the article is now missing.
Here’s the original excerpt:
Crosby’s camp is seeking a lengthy deal, one the Penguins anticipate being at least seven years in term — possibly 10 or more. Crosby has said he does not expect any problems working out a new contract to remain with the Penguins.
Now it appears the passage has been removed from the article and replaced with this, the lone Crosby mention in the piece:
Shero confirmed to Trib Total Media in December that signing Sidney Crosby to a new contract is the team’s top priority this summer.
It remains unclear why this happened, but Hughes notes calls have been placed to both the Tribune and Crosby’s agent, Pat Brisson…so it’s possible this story could develop more.
Finally, it’s worth pointing out that you can never really take anything off the Internet. It’s like trying to take pee out of a pool.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 28
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 67
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)