Jun 6, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
Today, Travis Hughes of SB Nation reports that part of the article is now missing.
Here’s the original excerpt:
Crosby’s camp is seeking a lengthy deal, one the Penguins anticipate being at least seven years in term — possibly 10 or more. Crosby has said he does not expect any problems working out a new contract to remain with the Penguins.
Now it appears the passage has been removed from the article and replaced with this, the lone Crosby mention in the piece:
Shero confirmed to Trib Total Media in December that signing Sidney Crosby to a new contract is the team’s top priority this summer.
It remains unclear why this happened, but Hughes notes calls have been placed to both the Tribune and Crosby’s agent, Pat Brisson…so it’s possible this story could develop more.
Finally, it’s worth pointing out that you can never really take anything off the Internet. It’s like trying to take pee out of a pool.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)