Jun 6, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
You know it’s a hockey-mad market when the guy who didn’t get hired for the coaching vacancy holds a press conference to talk about not getting hired.
That was the case Wednesday in Quebec when Patrick Roy met with the media the day after Michel Therrien was named the new bench boss of the Montreal Canadiens.
“I’m taking nothing but positives out of this thing,” said Roy. “I’m not bitter at all.”
Roy confirmed he had extensive conversations with the Habs about the job and was interested in the position.
The former goaltending great can now re-focus on his responsibilities as co-owner, GM and coach of the Quebec Remparts in the QMJHL.
Until the Habs need a new coach…
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 2
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 16
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 59
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 91
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (90)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games