Jun 6, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Knuble’s stock has fallen significantly over the last season, but that doesn’t mean he’s ready to hang up his skates.
“I definitely want to play,” Knuble said. “I’ve been pretty adamant about that the last little bit. The biggest thing is how you feel physically and I feel great. Mentally, I can definitely go through another season. I enjoy the competition. I enjoy the focus of it. As for the team, I guess you kind of have to wait and see what happens. The money won’t be significant, relatively speaking, nor will the term. So you can decide what will be best for you and your family going forward.”
If Knuble had his choice of teams, there’s a good chance he’d be playing for the Detroit Red Wings next season.
“Detroit would be a neat story since I was drafted there,” Knuble said. “I’ll make no secret about that. That would be a nice way to come back around.”
Detroit might be hesitant to take on Knuble seeing as they aren’t really hurting for depth forwards. As it is, they might decline to re-sign Tomas Holmstrom even if he decides that he wants to play in 2012-13.
Still, Knuble might still have a bit left in the tank and it wouldn’t be surprising if someone decided to take a chance on him.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8