Jun 6, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
The reshaping of the Montreal Canadiens keeps on going.
Today, TSN reported former NHLer Martin Lapointe is expected to be named the Canadiens’ new director of player development.
Lapointe, 38, is just the latest in a series of hires for Montreal, beginning with GM Marc Bergevin and followed by assistant GM Rick Dudley, director of player personnel Scott Mellanby and head coach Michel Therrien.
It’s easy to see why Lapointe was brought on board. He played junior for Therrien in Laval and was a teammate of Bergevin’s in Detroit during the 1995-96 season.
Lapointe last played for Ottawa during the 2007-08 season and had been working for Chicago as a scout since 2009. In case you’re curious, he sold his Chicago-area home –a five-bedroom, 3,734-square-foot special — for $1.625 million back on May 3.
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 6
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 33
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic
- Play Video: Stepan's face takes a beating
- Play Video: Dorsett vs. Thornton
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on