Jun 6, 2012, 12:19 PM EDT
One of the men responsible for putting the Panthers back in the playoffs is getting rewarded for his efforts.
General Manager Dale Tallon signed a multi-year extension with the team today to continue his reign in South Florida. Tallon says he’s happy to stay in town and keep working on bringing the Panthers into respectability.
“I’m excited,” said Tallon Wednesday. “This is a great opportunity to keep the franchise on the right path. We had a good season and I just want to build on this past season the next couple of years.”
While Tallon assembled a team loaded with veterans to make their run into the playoffs this season, the future is very bright in Florida. According to prospect site Hockey’s Future, the Panthers have the top collection of prospects in the league. Being bad for a long time is only good if you can draft right and the Panthers appear to have done that. Tallon’s job might not be quite so hard in the years to come.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 5
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 5
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 19
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 46
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 78
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 48
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?