Jun 6, 2012, 11:09 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils didn’t hold the lead for a single moment in the first three games of the Stanley Cup finals, a trend continued until 7:56 of the third period when the Devils scored the first goal of the game.
That lead lasted a whopping 62 seconds, but the Devils proved resilient by earning a 3-1 victory to force a Game 5.
Here are some interesting facts to chew on:
— This has truly been the year of the road team. The visitors now have a 47-37 record in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the most road wins ever recorded in a single year of playoff hockey. The old record of 46 wins was set back in 1987.
— The New Jersey Devils are still looking for their first power-play goal of the Stanley Cup finals. They’re now 0-for-15 with the man advantage.
— If the Los Angeles Kings win Game 5, they’ll set a record for the most road victories in a single playoff run. Their current total of 10 has them in a tie with the 2004 Calgary Flames, 2000 New Jersey Devils, and 1995 Devils.
— The last team to win the Stanley Cup at home was the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks.
— The Devils are just the sixth team to win Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals after dropping the first three games.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)