Jun 6, 2012, 11:09 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils didn’t hold the lead for a single moment in the first three games of the Stanley Cup finals, a trend continued until 7:56 of the third period when the Devils scored the first goal of the game.
That lead lasted a whopping 62 seconds, but the Devils proved resilient by earning a 3-1 victory to force a Game 5.
Here are some interesting facts to chew on:
— This has truly been the year of the road team. The visitors now have a 47-37 record in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the most road wins ever recorded in a single year of playoff hockey. The old record of 46 wins was set back in 1987.
— The New Jersey Devils are still looking for their first power-play goal of the Stanley Cup finals. They’re now 0-for-15 with the man advantage.
— If the Los Angeles Kings win Game 5, they’ll set a record for the most road victories in a single playoff run. Their current total of 10 has them in a tie with the 2004 Calgary Flames, 2000 New Jersey Devils, and 1995 Devils.
— The last team to win the Stanley Cup at home was the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks.
— The Devils are just the sixth team to win Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals after dropping the first three games.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)