Jun 6, 2012, 1:57 PM EDT
With Jonathan Quick sporting a tidy 0.59 GAA and .972 save percentage in the Stanley Cup finals, the Devils are now getting peppered with questions about how they can make his life harder.
The answers? Well…there aren’t many definitive ones. Lots of ideas, though, many of which were bandied about during the Devils’ pregame press availability.
Q. How do you make Jonathan Quick uncomfortable, make the team uncomfortable?
BRYCE SALVADOR: Well, I think, like I said, when you look back at the games, he’s made the first and second save. I think a lot of times it’s not a matter of trying to do anything different. I think we’ve had some chances where we just flat out didn’t bury it. So I think to make him uncomfortable is just to make sure that we bury a couple goals.
Q. Adam, how do you make Jonathan Quick uncomfortable?
ADAM HENRIQUE: I think we just got to keep getting pucks to the net, keep getting traffic in front of him, make it tough for him to see the puck. Try to find a way to get an ugly one, find those rebounds, however it may be.
Q. Being the leader of the team, what have you talked about amongst your teammates? What has the leadership said about tonight’s game? How do you make Mr. Quick uncomfortable?
ZACH PARISE: Just try and get some more shots on him, get some chances, block his vision a little bit. Like I said the whole time, it’s the same with every goalie. But he’s playing very confident right now.
We could spend some more time in the offensive zone, throw some bad-angle shots, get some rebounds and see what happens.
One thing’s for certain — the Devils have to get more shots on goal in any way, shape or form. There have been three periods in this series where New Jersey’s put six or fewer on Quick, and they can’t afford to have a fourth.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)