Jun 6, 2012, 1:57 PM EDT
With Jonathan Quick sporting a tidy 0.59 GAA and .972 save percentage in the Stanley Cup finals, the Devils are now getting peppered with questions about how they can make his life harder.
The answers? Well…there aren’t many definitive ones. Lots of ideas, though, many of which were bandied about during the Devils’ pregame press availability.
Q. How do you make Jonathan Quick uncomfortable, make the team uncomfortable?
BRYCE SALVADOR: Well, I think, like I said, when you look back at the games, he’s made the first and second save. I think a lot of times it’s not a matter of trying to do anything different. I think we’ve had some chances where we just flat out didn’t bury it. So I think to make him uncomfortable is just to make sure that we bury a couple goals.
Q. Adam, how do you make Jonathan Quick uncomfortable?
ADAM HENRIQUE: I think we just got to keep getting pucks to the net, keep getting traffic in front of him, make it tough for him to see the puck. Try to find a way to get an ugly one, find those rebounds, however it may be.
Q. Being the leader of the team, what have you talked about amongst your teammates? What has the leadership said about tonight’s game? How do you make Mr. Quick uncomfortable?
ZACH PARISE: Just try and get some more shots on him, get some chances, block his vision a little bit. Like I said the whole time, it’s the same with every goalie. But he’s playing very confident right now.
We could spend some more time in the offensive zone, throw some bad-angle shots, get some rebounds and see what happens.
One thing’s for certain — the Devils have to get more shots on goal in any way, shape or form. There have been three periods in this series where New Jersey’s put six or fewer on Quick, and they can’t afford to have a fourth.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)