Jun 6, 2012, 1:57 PM EDT
With Jonathan Quick sporting a tidy 0.59 GAA and .972 save percentage in the Stanley Cup finals, the Devils are now getting peppered with questions about how they can make his life harder.
The answers? Well…there aren’t many definitive ones. Lots of ideas, though, many of which were bandied about during the Devils’ pregame press availability.
Q. How do you make Jonathan Quick uncomfortable, make the team uncomfortable?
BRYCE SALVADOR: Well, I think, like I said, when you look back at the games, he’s made the first and second save. I think a lot of times it’s not a matter of trying to do anything different. I think we’ve had some chances where we just flat out didn’t bury it. So I think to make him uncomfortable is just to make sure that we bury a couple goals.
Q. Adam, how do you make Jonathan Quick uncomfortable?
ADAM HENRIQUE: I think we just got to keep getting pucks to the net, keep getting traffic in front of him, make it tough for him to see the puck. Try to find a way to get an ugly one, find those rebounds, however it may be.
Q. Being the leader of the team, what have you talked about amongst your teammates? What has the leadership said about tonight’s game? How do you make Mr. Quick uncomfortable?
ZACH PARISE: Just try and get some more shots on him, get some chances, block his vision a little bit. Like I said the whole time, it’s the same with every goalie. But he’s playing very confident right now.
We could spend some more time in the offensive zone, throw some bad-angle shots, get some rebounds and see what happens.
One thing’s for certain — the Devils have to get more shots on goal in any way, shape or form. There have been three periods in this series where New Jersey’s put six or fewer on Quick, and they can’t afford to have a fourth.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)