Jun 6, 2012, 1:57 PM EDT
With Jonathan Quick sporting a tidy 0.59 GAA and .972 save percentage in the Stanley Cup finals, the Devils are now getting peppered with questions about how they can make his life harder.
The answers? Well…there aren’t many definitive ones. Lots of ideas, though, many of which were bandied about during the Devils’ pregame press availability.
Q. How do you make Jonathan Quick uncomfortable, make the team uncomfortable?
BRYCE SALVADOR: Well, I think, like I said, when you look back at the games, he’s made the first and second save. I think a lot of times it’s not a matter of trying to do anything different. I think we’ve had some chances where we just flat out didn’t bury it. So I think to make him uncomfortable is just to make sure that we bury a couple goals.
Q. Adam, how do you make Jonathan Quick uncomfortable?
ADAM HENRIQUE: I think we just got to keep getting pucks to the net, keep getting traffic in front of him, make it tough for him to see the puck. Try to find a way to get an ugly one, find those rebounds, however it may be.
Q. Being the leader of the team, what have you talked about amongst your teammates? What has the leadership said about tonight’s game? How do you make Mr. Quick uncomfortable?
ZACH PARISE: Just try and get some more shots on him, get some chances, block his vision a little bit. Like I said the whole time, it’s the same with every goalie. But he’s playing very confident right now.
We could spend some more time in the offensive zone, throw some bad-angle shots, get some rebounds and see what happens.
One thing’s for certain — the Devils have to get more shots on goal in any way, shape or form. There have been three periods in this series where New Jersey’s put six or fewer on Quick, and they can’t afford to have a fourth.
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 19
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 62
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain