Jun 6, 2012, 11:09 AM EST
The New Jersey Devils are on the brink of being swept out of the Stanley Cup finals and coach Peter DeBoer knows it’s time for a change.
DeBoer tells reporters this morning that Game 4 will see a pair of lineup changes. Petr Sykora will suit up to give New Jersey a lift offensively replacing Jacob Josefson. DeBoer will also start Henrik Tallinder over Peter Harrold along the blue line. Tallinder hasn’t played since mid-January thanks to a blood clot in his leg.
For the Devils, being down 3-0 in the series meant something had to give to try and keep their season alive and both Sykora and Tallinder should provide enough of a change up to give the Kings reason to pause. Sykora has two goals and two assists in the postseason.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)