Jun 6, 2012, 11:09 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils are on the brink of being swept out of the Stanley Cup finals and coach Peter DeBoer knows it’s time for a change.
DeBoer tells reporters this morning that Game 4 will see a pair of lineup changes. Petr Sykora will suit up to give New Jersey a lift offensively replacing Jacob Josefson. DeBoer will also start Henrik Tallinder over Peter Harrold along the blue line. Tallinder hasn’t played since mid-January thanks to a blood clot in his leg.
For the Devils, being down 3-0 in the series meant something had to give to try and keep their season alive and both Sykora and Tallinder should provide enough of a change up to give the Kings reason to pause. Sykora has two goals and two assists in the postseason.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)