Jun 6, 2012, 11:09 AM EST
The New Jersey Devils are on the brink of being swept out of the Stanley Cup finals and coach Peter DeBoer knows it’s time for a change.
DeBoer tells reporters this morning that Game 4 will see a pair of lineup changes. Petr Sykora will suit up to give New Jersey a lift offensively replacing Jacob Josefson. DeBoer will also start Henrik Tallinder over Peter Harrold along the blue line. Tallinder hasn’t played since mid-January thanks to a blood clot in his leg.
For the Devils, being down 3-0 in the series meant something had to give to try and keep their season alive and both Sykora and Tallinder should provide enough of a change up to give the Kings reason to pause. Sykora has two goals and two assists in the postseason.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 30
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 52
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (166)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)