Jun 6, 2012, 11:09 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils are on the brink of being swept out of the Stanley Cup finals and coach Peter DeBoer knows it’s time for a change.
DeBoer tells reporters this morning that Game 4 will see a pair of lineup changes. Petr Sykora will suit up to give New Jersey a lift offensively replacing Jacob Josefson. DeBoer will also start Henrik Tallinder over Peter Harrold along the blue line. Tallinder hasn’t played since mid-January thanks to a blood clot in his leg.
For the Devils, being down 3-0 in the series meant something had to give to try and keep their season alive and both Sykora and Tallinder should provide enough of a change up to give the Kings reason to pause. Sykora has two goals and two assists in the postseason.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 3
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 18
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)