Jun 6, 2012, 11:45 PM EST
Here’s Darryl Sutter talking to the media after Los Angeles’ 3-1 loss to New Jersey in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals:
And here’s the transcript, in case the laughter and scoffing kept you from understanding what he said:
Q. What was the difference tonight?
COACH SUTTER: Not much. Pretty much overtime in the third period, same as first two games.
Q. Was there a breakdown on the Elias goal? If so, what happened there from your perspective?
COACH SUTTER: Which goal?
Q. Elias’ goal.
COACH SUTTER: Henrique’s goal? It’s a turnover. Misplay between the defensemen. Not a coverage play. Can’t make those long passes and think you can get away with it.
Q. Game 4 has been somewhat of a problem for you guys. You’re 3-3 now when you can close out a series.
COACH SUTTER: Awesome. Close out a series in Game 4 (laughter). It’s the Stanley Cup Final. Game is the very same as the first two games.
The presser was destined to go off the rails when Sutter had to figure out which goal — the Elias or Henrique one — the reporter was talking about. Doomed from the start, really.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)