Jun 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
In today’s edition of “Amusing Stuff Darryl Sutter Says At Press Conferences”, the Kings head coach explained how he and his team deal with off-days:
Q. Darryl, the players will admit to having a little bit of uneasiness yesterday because there was time to think. Today there’s no time to think. What about you yesterday?
COACH SUTTER: Went to the rink, did our normal work. Went to the hotel last night, had a good sleep. Drank my pail of coffee this morning, ready to go.
They’re people. You know what, anybody who is on this stage, either team, they want to play. Days off are just about traveling, reloading, that’s it.
Given that Sutter doesn’t show any effects from excess caffeine consumption — the guy is calmer than a sloth — I’m guessing he’s been drinking pails of coffee for a while.
He must have sheet metal for stomach lining.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)