Jun 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
In today’s edition of “Amusing Stuff Darryl Sutter Says At Press Conferences”, the Kings head coach explained how he and his team deal with off-days:
Q. Darryl, the players will admit to having a little bit of uneasiness yesterday because there was time to think. Today there’s no time to think. What about you yesterday?
COACH SUTTER: Went to the rink, did our normal work. Went to the hotel last night, had a good sleep. Drank my pail of coffee this morning, ready to go.
They’re people. You know what, anybody who is on this stage, either team, they want to play. Days off are just about traveling, reloading, that’s it.
Given that Sutter doesn’t show any effects from excess caffeine consumption — the guy is calmer than a sloth — I’m guessing he’s been drinking pails of coffee for a while.
He must have sheet metal for stomach lining.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)