Jun 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
In today’s edition of “Amusing Stuff Darryl Sutter Says At Press Conferences”, the Kings head coach explained how he and his team deal with off-days:
Q. Darryl, the players will admit to having a little bit of uneasiness yesterday because there was time to think. Today there’s no time to think. What about you yesterday?
COACH SUTTER: Went to the rink, did our normal work. Went to the hotel last night, had a good sleep. Drank my pail of coffee this morning, ready to go.
They’re people. You know what, anybody who is on this stage, either team, they want to play. Days off are just about traveling, reloading, that’s it.
Given that Sutter doesn’t show any effects from excess caffeine consumption — the guy is calmer than a sloth — I’m guessing he’s been drinking pails of coffee for a while.
He must have sheet metal for stomach lining.
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 0
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 11
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)