Jun 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
In today’s edition of “Amusing Stuff Darryl Sutter Says At Press Conferences”, the Kings head coach explained how he and his team deal with off-days:
Q. Darryl, the players will admit to having a little bit of uneasiness yesterday because there was time to think. Today there’s no time to think. What about you yesterday?
COACH SUTTER: Went to the rink, did our normal work. Went to the hotel last night, had a good sleep. Drank my pail of coffee this morning, ready to go.
They’re people. You know what, anybody who is on this stage, either team, they want to play. Days off are just about traveling, reloading, that’s it.
Given that Sutter doesn’t show any effects from excess caffeine consumption — the guy is calmer than a sloth — I’m guessing he’s been drinking pails of coffee for a while.
He must have sheet metal for stomach lining.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 21
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)