Jun 6, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
In today’s edition of “Amusing Stuff Darryl Sutter Says At Press Conferences”, the Kings head coach explained how he and his team deal with off-days:
Q. Darryl, the players will admit to having a little bit of uneasiness yesterday because there was time to think. Today there’s no time to think. What about you yesterday?
COACH SUTTER: Went to the rink, did our normal work. Went to the hotel last night, had a good sleep. Drank my pail of coffee this morning, ready to go.
They’re people. You know what, anybody who is on this stage, either team, they want to play. Days off are just about traveling, reloading, that’s it.
Given that Sutter doesn’t show any effects from excess caffeine consumption — the guy is calmer than a sloth — I’m guessing he’s been drinking pails of coffee for a while.
He must have sheet metal for stomach lining.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 12
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28