Jun 6, 2012, 8:49 PM EST
Going into the 2012 Stanley Cup finals, it seemed like Jonathan Quick vs. Martin Brodeur might just be the deciding advantage of the series. Considering the fact that the New Jersey Devils have only beaten Quick twice in three games so far, it’s pretty tough to lay the blame on Brodeur, who sort of called his teammates out on Tuesday.
“I try to give these guys a chance to win,” Brodeur said. “I’ve done that in the first three games. At the end of the day, it’s hard to win games when you don’t score many goals. I try to be perfect. But the other guy [Quick] is a little more perfect than me right now.”
Should that be read as Brodeur passing off blame or merely his attempt to inspire his teammates to break out of their scoring lulls? Either way, the Devils haven’t cracked the code just yet tonight; the game is 0-0 midway through the first period.
If Brodeur plays his last game as a Devils goalie either tonight or in the next several days, his comments might be the sign of some final frustrations, though.
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 7
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)