Jun 6, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
We interrupt Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals for the following breaking news. Jaromir Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, has told CSNPhilly.com his client wants to come back to the Flyers and that the two sides are working on a new one-year contract.
“I’ve talked to Jaromir and I have talked to Paul [Holmgren] and we hope to get something done before the draft,” Svoboda said.
Jagr, 40, scored 19 goals and added 35 assists in 73 games during his first season back in the NHL since 2007-08.
However, after the Flyers were eliminated from the playoffs, Jagr expressed frustration at his ice time under head coach Peter Laviolette and wouldn’t publicly commit to re-signing in Philadelphia.
If he does indeed re-sign, his cap hit shouldn’t be any more than the $3.3 million he earned last season.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 0
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 2
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38