Jun 6, 2012, 10:01 PM EST
We interrupt Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals for the following breaking news. Jaromir Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, has told CSNPhilly.com his client wants to come back to the Flyers and that the two sides are working on a new one-year contract.
“I’ve talked to Jaromir and I have talked to Paul [Holmgren] and we hope to get something done before the draft,” Svoboda said.
Jagr, 40, scored 19 goals and added 35 assists in 73 games during his first season back in the NHL since 2007-08.
However, after the Flyers were eliminated from the playoffs, Jagr expressed frustration at his ice time under head coach Peter Laviolette and wouldn’t publicly commit to re-signing in Philadelphia.
If he does indeed re-sign, his cap hit shouldn’t be any more than the $3.3 million he earned last season.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54