Jun 6, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
We interrupt Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals for the following breaking news. Jaromir Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, has told CSNPhilly.com his client wants to come back to the Flyers and that the two sides are working on a new one-year contract.
“I’ve talked to Jaromir and I have talked to Paul [Holmgren] and we hope to get something done before the draft,” Svoboda said.
Jagr, 40, scored 19 goals and added 35 assists in 73 games during his first season back in the NHL since 2007-08.
However, after the Flyers were eliminated from the playoffs, Jagr expressed frustration at his ice time under head coach Peter Laviolette and wouldn’t publicly commit to re-signing in Philadelphia.
If he does indeed re-sign, his cap hit shouldn’t be any more than the $3.3 million he earned last season.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54